Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary School
September 2019 Newsletter
News and Notes
We would like to thank you all, again, for a wonderful start to the school year! As we begin our first full month of school, here are some important reminders:
- Beginning Tuesday September 3rd, 2019 we will begin our regular school hours of 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Please remember to let your student's teacher or the Main Office know if there is ever a change in how your student will be going home.
- If you have changed phone numbers recently, please let your student's teacher and the Main Office know so we can update it accordingly.
- Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary School Open House will be Wednesday September 4th, 2019 from 6-7 p.m. We will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. in the gymnasium and we will dismiss to let all families visit classrooms.
- Our PTO will be hosting a fundraising event at Chuck-E-Cheese on Tuesday September 10th, 2019 from 3-8 p.m. Come out to play games, eat pizza, and help support our school!!!
- Thank you for your continued patience in the car pickup. It is greatly appreciated!
Tuesday Sept. 3rd: Regular Schedule Begins, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Wednesday Sept 4th: Open House, 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Thursday Sept. 5th: Kindergarten Field Trip to HULT Health Center, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Tuesday Sept. 10th: Chuck-E-Cheese Fundraiser, 3:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Wednesday Sept. 18th: Progress Report 1 sent home
Friday Sept. 20th: Cubs/Cardinals Rivalry Day! This is a $1 uniform buyout day. If your student brings in a dollar, they can dress in their favorite baseball team's shirt or jersey. Money raised will go into the school's PBIS activity fund which will help support various behavior incentives throughout the year.
Wednesday Sept. 25th: SIP Day-Student Dismissal at 11:30 a.m. (No afternoon PAW Program)
Friday Sept. 27th: 4th Grade Field Trip to Peoria Riverfront Museum, exact times TBD
Monday Sept. 30th: Perfect Attendance Celebration for the month of September
The staff and students at Dr. Maude A. Sanders are modeling and practicing social emotional skills this year through the Lions Quest Curriculum. Our focus for the first 2 weeks of school has been on Lessons 1.1 and 1.2, Getting to Know You and Creating Shared Agreements. Students have been busy getting to know each other and the staff members at Maude Sanders, and have been reflecting on how to appropriately interact with each other in class. We have also been practicing our Badger Way PBIS Expectations in the hallways, classrooms, playground, lunchroom, and bathrooms. Here is our focus for the month of September:
September 2-6 Lesson 1.3-Working Together in Our Classroom Community
September 9-13 Lesson 1.4-Get with the Group
September 16-20 Lesson 2.1-Value Responsibility and Respect
September 23-27 Lesson 2.2-I Can Do This
Please ask your children about that they have learned and encourage them to tell you about the strategies they have discussed in their classrooms. There are also activities you can practice at home with your students, so you will be hearing and reading about those activities in our weekly updates!
To encourage a strong start to the school year, we have a fun attendance incentive planned for the end of September. Students who have perfect attendance for the month of September will receive a freezer pop and some extra time outside. Thank you for having your students here every day, on time, and ready to learn!!!