The Pirate Press
A Weekly Update for Acton Elementary Families
Acton Update - 7/22/22
We have been hard at work this week preparing for the upcoming school year! Custodial has finished up the majority of their cleaning, and many teachers are already working hard to prepare their classrooms for the school year! Excitement for the new school year is starting to build as we anticipate all that is to come in the coming weeks and months.
The last few years have been full of the unexpected. COVID restrictions made it difficult for us to connect and our connection with families suffered as a result. Moving into the 2022-23 school year, connecting with YOU is one of our highest priorities.
Our theme for the 2022-23 school year is…
“Make Your Mark”
We will spend each month focusing on the character traits of kindness, respect, integrity, enthusiasm, dependability, positivity, courage, and wisdom, and will discuss how possessing these traits allows us to make a positive impact on the world around us. Our counselor Jill Jernigan has been working tirelessly to prepare engaging and impactful character lessons for our students. We can’t wait to get started!
I want to take a moment to introduce our two Assistant Principals, Angie Payne and Mallory Myers. Both of these women are passionate about public education, are incredible relationship builders, and servant leaders. We are thrilled for them to join our admin team!
Meet Mrs. Payne
I am extremely passionate about a few things in my life including; my family, my role as an educator, and my faith. I am married to the love of my life Ryan Payne, who is a police officer in Grandview, TX. We have two boys, Ryder (5th grade), and Rhett (Kindergarten). We are so excited to spend this year together in the best school district!
I have just completed my 6th year at AES. I spent 5 years in a 5th grade classroom where I built incredible relationships with students, families and staff, and last year in the IPS role where I was blessed in seeing the greatness that AES is campus wide.
The 2022-2023 school has so much in store! I'm blessed, excited, and incredibly humbled that I've been chosen to help lead the best school in the world! Get ready, Acton Families. The best year is at our feet!!
Meet Mrs. Myers
A few REMINDERS
- ALL students (including returning students) must be registered in Skyward. Information about GISD registration can be found here.
- Be sure to connect with us on remind: text @aesupdates to 81010.
- Take a look at the important upcoming dates that are listed below.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to my via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone @ 817-408-4200.
With love and gratitude,
Upcoming Dates - Semester at a Glance
- August 2nd - Popsicles with Principals (6:30pm - 7:30pm, AES Playground)
- August 10th - Online Registration Event @Rancho Brazos Community Center (11-1 & 5-7)
- August 11th - Meet the Teacher (5:30pm - 7:00pm)
- August 16th - First Day of School
- August 26th - Milers Club Kickoff
- September 5th - Student/Staff Holiday
- September 6th - 5th Grade Camp Grady Spruce Meeting (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
- September 12th - September 16th - AES Book Fair
- September 13th - Grandparent's Day Lunch (during regular lunch times)
- September 20th - Back to School Bingo (5:30pm - 7:00pm)
- September 21st - Fall Picture Day
- September 23rd - Staff Day/Student Holiday (End of GP1)
- October 12th - October 14th - 5th Grade to Camp Grady Spruce
- October 25th - November 4th - Boosterthon
- October 31st - Character Costume Day
- November 17th - Fall Picture Retakes
- November 21st - November 25th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 17th - January 9th - Winter Break
STAY IN THE KNOW WITH REMIND
To sign up for AES Family Updates notifications, text @aesupdates to 81010