September 26, 2017
We are back at work with the important business of learning.
EARLY RELEASE NEXT THURSDAY, NO SCHOOL NEXT FRIDAY
Please pick your child up at this time if you do not wish to incur OOS charges. If you are picking your child up at early release, you will provide lunch at home. Please be patient in the parking lot and come at the right time.
There is no school on Friday. It is a scheduled Teacher's Work Day. A sign up for OOS on this day was sent to your email. At this point, there is very limited space available in some age groups.
If your child is registered for OOS on this day, you must provide breakfast at home and you must send a lunch to school with your child when you bring her/him.
MORNING DROP OFF IN THE PARKING LOT
Speech and Language Screenings
Communication and Contact information
If you are sending someone to pick up your child, they need to be on your pickup list and they need to have ID. If you are sending someone who is not on the list, please call in advance. We have a problem nearly every day with someone coming to pick up a child who either is not on the list or does not have ID.
Where to go after school?
OOS (After-School Childcare)
If your child will be participating in any after-school activity (athletics, music, tutoring, student government, etc.) an OOS form must also be completed. You will not be charged for aftercare as long as you pick your child up at the conclusion of the activity.
We are doing much better! Please remember the following.
- Come at the right time. If your child is dismissed at 3, do not come at 2:45
- If you have kids that are dismissed at different times, come closer to the later time.
- Pull your car all the way up and as close to the curb as you can. Do not park and wait. Make another circle if you have to.
- MAKE A RIGHT TURN WHEN LEAVING THE PARKING LOT!!! Right turn only is very clearly marked. If traffic is backed up on NE 7th Ave and you try to make a left, you are backing up traffic in our parking lot and inconveniencing everyone.
- We can't see through dark tinted windows. Roll them down so we can see who you are and who you are picking up.
- Please do not try to engage teachers in a conference during dismissal. Their attention needs to be on all of the children during this time.
- Do not double park and do not for any reason leave your car unattended.
- Students should only cross in the designated crossing areas and should not be running in the grass or walking along the pickup line. This is dangerous.
Holy Cross Instrumental Band Program
Hip Hop Dance
Monday 4th grade thru 8th Grade 3:30-4:30
Tuesday K5 thru 3rd grade 3:30-4:15
Parent Engagement Event
First PTL Meeting
Boxtops for Education
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS
- Thursday, September 28: Early Release
- Friday, September 29: No School,OOS is available.
- Monday, October 2: Grandparents and Other Special Older Friends Day (EC)
- Tuesday, October 3: PTL Meeting 6PM
- Youth Group Pizza Sale after school
- Thursday, October 5: Parent Engagement Workshop 6PM
- Tuesday, October 10: Back to School, Early Childhood
- Thursday, October 12: Back to School, Elementary
- Scholastic Book Fair: October 9 thru 13
- Thursday, October 26: Early Release, end of 1st quarter
- Friday, October 27: Teacher Work Day, No School. OOS available but will close at 3PM on this day. Must sign up in advance.
- Friday, October 27: Trunk or Treat 5PM - 8PM
- Fall Sale Kick-off rescheduled: TBD
Looking WAY ahead....
There is early release on Thursday, October 26th and No School on Friday, October 27th. OOS will be available to those that register in advance on the 27th but it will CLOSE AT 3PM on this day. Our 2nd Annual TRUNK OR TREAT will be on Friday, October 27th from 5PM to 8PM. More information will follow but it will be a really fun event this year!