News & Information from the Principal 9/20/20
A Fantastic First Couple of Weeks!
- Smiling eyes! Students and staff are genuinely happy to be back on campus and around each other again. While we can't see smiles on each other's faces, we can certainly recognize each other's smiles in our eyes!
- Respect! I've been so impressed by the level of respect everyone has for each other and our new expectations. Yes, we are still adjusting but, overall, students and staff are being respectful of our new rules and understand our need to continually assess and revise as needed.
- Recess! This is a new concept for our MS and HS students and it only took a couple of days for students to relax and actually play during this time! I've witnessed older students including younger ones in games of football, students inventing new games, running races, a few bloody noses caused by balls (Yay for being kids again!), and time to breathe without masks. If anyone has recess equipment (extra balls) you'd like to donate, please let me know! All equipment is sanitized between recess groups.
Just in case...REMOTE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS!
Our Building Leadership Team (a team of teacher-leaders) helped create a document that outlines the remote learning schedule and expectations for everyone involved in helping to make remote learning successful. Please take some time to review the document entirely so you are prepared. Reviewing this in advance will help create a smooth transition to remote learning if it is necessary.
Help Keep South Park Safe, Healthy, and Happy!
- Please use the Can I Go to School Today? guiding document to help determine if your child should stay home from school.
- All 6th graders must have updated immunizations, including the TDap booster, on file. Contact Nurse Laurie Meeker if you have any questions, email@example.com
- When a student or staff member is sick with any of the symptoms on the Covid list, they must be cleared by the school nurse before returning to school. You must be symptom free for 24 hours prior to returning.
SAT for Seniors!
- Monday the 21st, we will be hosting a SAT pre-administration session in the MPR from 3PM-4PM. This is mandatory for all seniors planning to take the SAT on Wednesday, September 23
- Wednesday, September 23rd - All interested seniors can take the FREE SAT from 8AM-12:30 PM details will be communicated at Monday's pre-administration session
- Please contact Cindy Shane with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Gretchen Panicucci, MA, NCC, LPC
"Park County Re-2 Schools shall strive to provide a safe environment, meaningful opportunities and innovative educational programs for all students so that they reach their learning potential, including that they meet or exceed state and district content standards, through a partnership between home, school, and the community." - District Mission