Mrs. LeMay's Newsletter
May 1st, 2015
WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON???
- MATH--We are wrapping up a unit on Measurement. We will test next week. Our next unit is Perimeter, Area, and Volume.
- READING--We are continuing with our Reading Rotations and working on the skills to be a good reader! We are also working on suffixes/prefixes, root woods, and summarizing text!
- SPELLING--UNIT 30--Review Weej
- SOCIAL STUDIES--Ancient China
- HEALTH--Feelings, Emotions, and Relationships.
- WRITER'S WORKSHOP--Descriptive/Informative Writing
Our classroom will be very busy in the next couple weeks. Here are some dates to be aware of:
- May 4th and 5th Reading MAP Testing. May 11th and 12th Math MAP Testing.
- FIELD TRIP--WEDNESDAY MAY 20TH. CARPENTER NATURE CENTER. DETAILS COMING HOME TODAY IN YOUR CHILD'S FRIDAY FOLDER!
- OUR CRESTVIEW MATH NIGHT ON THURSDAY, APRIL 30TH WAS A SUCCESS! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO CAME OUT!
- OUR LAST BLAMO EVENT OF THE YEAR WAS THURSDAY, APRIL 23RD! IT WAS A BLAST! THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO HELPED AND ATTENDED!
- THANK YOU AS WELL FOR YOUR SUPPORT ON OUR WENDY'S/CULVERS/CHIPOTLE NIGHTS THIS YEAR!
- CRESTVIEW COLOR RUN! PLEASE TURN IN YOUR PLEDGE ENVELOPES! WE ARE EXCITED FOR THE RUN ON SATURDAY MAY 9TH!
- iPad collection will begin on May 26th, 2015. All iPads, cases, and chargers need to be returned on this day. If district chargers are not returned, there will be a $35 fee. The class with the most returned chargers will earn a popcorn party from Mrs. Bealka.