Mrs. Lamparter's Class
January 23, 2015
Aaliyah is our Star of the Week. We loved all of her pictures and her Little Gym medal. Happy Birthday to Katelyn and Aaliyah who turned 6 this week.
We started our week with the 101st day of school and of course had to make 101 dalmatian hats. We have been learning all about the importance of Martin Luther King's work. We created our own pictures with a directed Art activity and then wrote how we can learn from his words.
He showed peace to one another. Use your words, not your fists.
It does not matter what's outside, it's the inside that matters.
Martin Luther King Jr. said "All people should get along and show love."
- Building our sight word vocabulary- new words this week: could, some, what, has, by
- Retelling familiar stories and identifying characters, setting, and major events in a story
- Blending letters to make CVC words
- Changing the initial consonant to make new words
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text
- Learning to write How-To Stories
- Retelling stories and writing about Martin Luther King
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
Our class was the Kindergarten Mega Minute Winners for the 2nd Nine Weeks!!! We read 23,612 minutes. Congratulations to all my students that were recognized at our celebration!! I am so PROUD of you! 17 students in our class read and recorded their minutes online. YOU ROCK!!
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 900+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 1260 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1350+ minutes
Bronco: 1890+ minutes
- Counting objects one to one and telling how many
- Comparing if a group has greater than, less than, or equal to another group
- Comparing two written numerals
- Decomposing and composing numbers from 11-19
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Recognizing coins; penny, nickel, dime, and quarter and knowing their values
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
Craig Character Award
- Do you want to see the PRINCIPAL wear pajamas to school? Donate to Relay for Life, and you could see all of them in pajamas! Our school goal is $1000. If we make it, the principal and assistant principals will have to wear their pajamas! Join in the fun! Donate to your classroom teacher, and if you make your classroom goal of $20, your class will get to wear pajamas... and your teacher has to wear them, too! Bring in your money starting Monday, January 26th. The last day to collect money towards our goal is Thursday, January 29. Friday, January 30 will be pajama day if we can meet our goal!! Thank you, The Craig Relay for Life Team
- Scholastic Book orders are DUE January 30th. You can order online with our class code GQY3T or you can send in a paper order.
- Elementary School Movie Night at Brookwood High school is Friday, January 30th at 6:30 p.m. "Frozen" is the feature movie. Please see the attached flyer.
- The Sweetheart Luncheon for our class on Monday, February 9th from 10:45- 11:10 a.m. Please RSVP as soon s possible so we know how many to plan for!!
- Georgia Parent Survey :The Georgia Parent Survey can be completed using personal computers, smartphones or iPads. For parents that do not have access to the Internet, please come to Craig to complete the Georgia Parent Survey at school. All parents are encouraged to participate in the Georgia Parent Survey because the data will be used to calculate the School Climate Star Rating . Survey responses are anonymous and will be submitted directly to the Georgia Department of Education for analysis. The URL address for the Georgia Parent Survey is posted below.