Final Exam FAQs
Tips and Tricks for Surviving Exam Season
- Consider giving free response, essay, and project exam components prior to exam day to ensure grades are completed on time.
- For multiple choice exams, consider a service like Zipgrade or Lexmark to quickly scan grades on your phone or iPad. Exams can be graded instantly and put into Focus without delay.
- Don't wait to input citizenship and gradebook grades! The system will slow down as the semester comes to a close. Have all of your six weeks grades put in and work towards having comments and other final adjustments made prior to exam week.
- Don't let students leave your room (without collateral). Ask students for something "meaningful" in exchange for a restroom pass. Don't assume students care about their backpacks or ID cards-- take a phone, wallet, or something else a student wouldn't want to be without over the holiday break.
- Have something available for students to do after the exam. Ask them to study, read quietly, or otherwise so as not to distract others who are testing.