CES Family Update
April 3, 2020
We Miss You!
Boy! It's hard to believe we have been apart for three weeks. By now you may have gotten into a routine with distance learning. Celebrate that accomplishment! We, too, have been adjusting to our "work from home" life while parenting two kids each. We understand the struggle of juggling work, parenting, household chores, meal preparations, and distance learning. We are all in this together.
We mailed the second academic packet last Friday. You should have received it but the teachers have heard that some of our students are still waiting. Please contact your child's teacher on Monday, April 6th if you have not yet received the packet.
The third learning packet will be picked up by families like the first one was at the elementary school. This one will be ready for pick up on Thursday, April 16th from 9:00-12:00. (If the Governor extends the school closures) We will follow the same rules as the first pick up. Only one person should be coming to pick up the packets and no children should be out of their cars. This is to keep everyone safe and in the practice of social distancing.
Lastly, your CES family created a video to say hello and we miss you. A special "thank you" to Mrs. Janicke for taking all of our clips and making this wonderful movie. We think the teachers did an amazing job helping to create this memory for all of you. We hope you enjoy it! The video is linked below.
Unified Arts (Music, Physical Education, Library, and Art) Google Classrooms
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Go to Classroom.
- Enter your username and click Next. (classroom teachers have the usernames and passwords for all students)
- Enter your password and click Next.
- If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept.
- Then enter the classroom code listed below for each teacher.
Unified Arts Classes:
- Music: iwiqq5f
- Art: sxzc7cs
- Library: 7svhqmw
PE Google Classroom Codes
- Kindergarten: cr4x2j5
- 1st Grade: i6l4564
- 2nd Grade: rzdevav
- 3rd Grade: cawumgc
- 4th Grade: ats5ted
- 5th Grade: 6wnbaku
- Beginning Band Code: 432s7y4
- 5th Grade Band Code: hvakf
BOCES- Parent Remote Learning Newsletters and Support
Essential Worker Childcare Update
We are working with a local daycare provider and our regional BOCES to accommodate families of essential workers. The contact information for these providers is listed below.
Essential Workers ( Governor Cuomo’s order):
- Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel and direct support professionals.
- First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters.
- Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community-based care settings.
- Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
- Transportation including commercial truck drivers of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
- Construction and Manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
Children Birth -2 years
Contact ABC Adventure Daycare- 518-654-2527
Children Ages 3-12:
Contact Mrs. Denise Capece, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-581-3802 for placement.
Please complete and bring these two forms on the first day of care. Click for the PDF links.
1. Student Emergency Contact Form
2. Medication Permission Form
Please contact Renee Young (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding childcare for families of essential workers.