Common Ingredient Challenge
Common ingredient is Ricotta
My two recipes are Ricotta Cheese cheesecake and Ricotta sauce based pizza
Recipe and ingredients for ricotta based cheese cake
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 125g caster sugar, plus extra 2 tbs
- 650g ricotta
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, separated
- 150ml sour cream
- Step 1
Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Step 2
Grease and line the base of a 23cm springform pan.
- Step 3
Crush the biscuits in a food processor, then add the butter and the extra 2 tablespoons of caster sugar and mix to combine. Press into prepared pan.
- Step 4
Beat together the ricotta, 125g of the caster sugar, the cornflour, vanilla, egg yolks and sour cream.
- Step 5
In a separate clean bowl, beat the eggwhites until stiff peaks form, then fold into the ricotta mixture.
- Step 6
Pour over the base and bake for 50-60 minutes until golden.
- Step 7
Meanwhile, to make the balsamic strawberries, place the caster sugar, vinegar and 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a saucepan over low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Step 8
Combine the arrowroot with 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth, then add to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until the sauce is syrupy. Remove from heat and toss in the strawberries.
- Step 9
Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool; the cake will sink slightly.
The texture of the ricotta cheese cake was nice and fluffy and it tasted sweet and mouth watering.
- One pita bread pizza shape with the diameter of 30cm
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2 T. fresh parsley- chopped fine
- 1-1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place pita bread onto cookie tray
- Mix ricotta, egg, salt, pepper and parsley in a medium bowl. Stir well to combine, then spread over the uncooked crust.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, then grated parmessan. Place in oven and bake 10-13 minutes- according to package directions on pizza crust for type of toppings on pizza- allowing more time if you add meat or vegetable toppings in addition to the cheese.
Setting out ingredients before adding toppings.
Added all the toppings. now i just need to put it in the oven!
After taking out of the oven. Looks yum!