Important tips to know
Stop a Bloody Nose
- Make sure to lean forward, not back.
- Pinch the victim's nose just below the bony bridge.
- After 5 minutes release pressure to see if the bleeding has stopped, if not, pinch the victim's nose for 10 more minutes.
- If the bleeding doesn't stop after the second or third try, get help from a doctor.
- Take slow, deep breaths.
- Take vitamin B6 or ginger supplements.
- Take over the counter anti nausea medication.
- Seek a doctor if nausea persists.
Thoroughly clean oneself and use anti-lice products such as head lice shampoo. Avoid physical contact so as not to spread lice.
Remove a Splinter
- Thoroughly wash the area of skin containing the splinter.
- Attempt to push the splinter out by squeezing from the sides and bottom of the splinter.
- Disinfect both a needle and splinters.
- Open the skin just above the splinter with the needle.
- Grab the splinter with the tweezers, and pull it out.