Raider Nation Staff Newsletter
Week of August 26, 2019
Dear Raider Nation,
Sorry for the late newsletter. I have to get back in the habit of setting aside some time on Sunday afternoon to complete the newsletter (smile).
I am so thrilled to have the building bustling with people again. It has been great hearing about the exciting things you all have done over the summer. More importantly, I was proud to hear how many of you used your time to grow professionally. It is your dedication to self-improvement that makes being a part of this staff such a pleasure.
I appreciate the great feedback on the “Google Doc” memo. Thank you all for taking the time to read through all the information. We had to make one change to our schedule this coming week. I have made the change in the google doc memo regarding our schedule on Tuesday. We are going to begin with one large session in the auditorium and then begin our rotations. Please check the google doc for the updated schedule and grouping. I’ve also included a copy of the new schedule and groupings below.
Our large staff session, Suicide Prevention, on Tuesday, is a very important one mandated by HCPSS. It is a compliance session and requires you to REGISTER online as well as SIGN-IN. YOU MUST REGISTER BY THE END OF THE DAY TOMORROW (Monday, 8/26). Directions on how to register are below. Your online registration will be reconciled with the sign-in sheet at the session on Tuesday. The session will begin promptly at 7:30am. Please be on time!
I asked ITLs to share with you that Lisa Veslany had knee surgery over the summer. She has been recuperating and hopes to join us this coming Friday. Please join me in wishing her a clean bill of health to return this week!
Lastly, tomorrow is PICTURE DAY! Be sure to wear your new staff shirt (green Under Armor). You should have picked it up on Friday. We also have our HCPSS Kickoff tomorrow. It is a Raider Nation Pride Day so keep on those shirts for the kickoff.
See you all tomorrow!!
Directions: Log into Frontline and Register for the Suicide Prevention: Information for Educators course.
COMAR 13A.07.11 (Lauryn’s Law; Student Suicide Prevention and Safety Training):
● Certificated school personnel will sign in on Frontline and register for the Suicide Prevention: Information for Educators course
● Share how to log into Frontline & Register for the Suicide Prevention: Information for Educators course directions with staff 24 hours prior to your school presentation.
● How to sign in on Frontline:
- Log into your Frontline account
- Most staff members Frontline screen will open to Professional Growth. If yours does not find and select Professional Growth.
- On left-hand side of page, Click Activity Catalogs
- Click District Catalog
- Top search bar, type in “suicide”
- Search result: Suicide Prevention: Information for Educators
- Click on course title to select
- Sign up now (blue button)
- Staff member will then be enrolled