GMS Parent Update
October 19th - October 23rd
Dear GMS Families,
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Please read through our GMS newsletter for any updates for the week. This week our students will take their first quarter benchmark beginning tomorrow. Please see the schedule below. Please continue to review your child's grades and encourage them to to continue to work hard on their elearning assignments and join all their google meets Monday through Friday when they are at home. This Thursday marks the end of our first quarter. Thank you for all your hard word and support. Please continue to communicate with your child's teachers or grade level administrators if you have any questions for concerns.
Please click on the banner to access our PTSA online membership site to become a member our GMS PTSA.
PTSA Fall Fundraiser
This week our PTSA will begin a fall fundraiser to help raise money for the many needed items here at Greer Middle. Please see the flyer below with the link to register and buy your items online. There will be prizes for our top sellers! Thank you!!
Wednesday, October 21st-Wardrobe Wednesday
Thursday, October 22nd-Blue Against Bullying
Here is our Great at Greer picture collage for the week of 10/12-10/16.
• United Way Campaign Kick-off (2020 Theme: Be a Piece of the Pie)
• Celebrating Mrs. Lackey for National Principal's Month & Bosses Day
• Week 1 of the Ghosty Challenge with Ms. Higdon, Librarian
• Mentos Geyser experiment--Science 7 with Mr. St. Charles
• 6th Grade Wall of Fame awards with Mr. Kelly, Administrator
Physical Education: Sexual Health and Responsibility Education Curriculum will begin Monday
A goal of Greenville County Schools is to provide parents/ guardians with information to help make decisions regarding the sexual health & responsibility education of your child. During October 12th - October 26th, the Sexual Health & Responsibility Education curriculum will be taught to 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade students currently enrolled in Health and Physical Education this semester. Complete details of the district’s age appropriate, abstinence-based sexual health & responsibility education curriculum can be found in our front office. Students will complete these lessons the three days a week that they are home. If you have any questions, please email your child's PE teacher.
Golden Apple Award
Each year, WYFF Channel 4 and Ingles grocery stores partner to highlight great teachers in our communities through the Golden Apple Teacher awards program. Please stop by your local Ingles to find details on how to nominate one of your child's wonderful teachers.
Please clink on the banner to access our electronic version of our Student Handbook.
Please clink on the banner to access our electronic version of our Chromebook Guidelines
Please click on the banner to access the GCS Return to School Parent Guide
Please click on the banner for instructions on setting up Parent Backpack
- Students must have a mask each day
- Please make sure your child is following the dress code explained in our Student Handbook.
- Each student must bring a charged chromebook with them to school each day.
- Water bottles are recommended
- Students will be counted present for each of their classes when your child logs on to google classroom and completes work for that class on that day. This includes Related Arts classes.