MAEIA and EduPaths
Michigan Arts Education Instruction & Assessment
MAEIA - Michigan Arts Education Instruction & Assessment
MAEIA has new courses published on EduPaths that will help arts educators, administrators, organizations, schools and districts effectively assess students in the arts, evaluate their arts program, and demonstrate professional practice. This is a four (4) course series that walks participants through the MAEIA website and how to use and implement the resources contained there.
To access courses using the links below, you will need an EduPaths account and be logged in.
MAEIA 1: Tools for Educators of the Arts
- Identify what MAEIA arts education tools are available to you to assess your program, your students and your instruction.
- Explain that the tools are voluntary and may be revised as needed to align with your curriculum and teaching style.
- Locate the MAEIA Tools.
- Register as a user on the MAEIA website.
To go to this course click: MAEIA 1 - Tools for Educators of the Arts
MAEIA 2: Assessments for Dance, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts
- Identify the types of MAEIA assessments.
- Identify the range of standards woven throughout the assessments.
- Describe how to align the MAEIA assessments to your instruction.
- Describe what to do before, during and after administering the assessments.
- Identify how to find the assessments that feature arts integration.
To go to this course click: MAEIA 2: Assessments for Dance, Music, Theatre and Visual Arts
MAEIA 3: Tools that Define and Assess Program Quality
- Identify what the MAEIA Blueprint of a Quality Arts Education Program is.
- Describe where the Blueprint and Indicators came from.
- Describe how the MAEIA Program Review Tool was developed.
- Explain how to find and use the MAEIA Program Review Tool.
- Describe the benefits of the results of the MAEIA Program Review Tool.
To go to this course click: MAEIA 3: Tools that Define and Assess Program Quality
MAEIA 4: Using Assessments to Demonstrate Educator Effectiveness
- Understand the legislative requirements of educator effectiveness and how MAEIA assessments can meet the needs of arts educators.
- Understand the three methods for Demonstrating Educator Effectiveness (DEE) and clarify ways you can show student growth.
- Identify ways that you can document your instruction and understand the rationale behind it.
- Understand how you can demonstrate educator effectiveness and have a voice and choice in the educator evaluation process using MAEIA assessments.
To go to this course click: MAEIA 4: Using Assessments to Demonstrate Educator Effectiveness