Edmodo: What is it? How can I use it in the classroom?
What is it?
Edmodo is an educational website that takes the ideas of a social network and refines them and makes it appropriate for the classroom. Using Edmodo, students and teachers can reach out to one another and connect by sharing ideas, problems, and helpful tips. A teacher can assign and grade work on Edmodo; students can get help from the teacher or the entire class on Edmodo. It is a safe environment because the teacher can see everything that is posted on Edmodo.
What can I do in Emodo?
- Post assignments for students
- Create digital libraries
- Post messages on the "wall"
- Create smaller learning groups
- Post polls for students
- Post a standards-based quiz
- Connect with other teachers
- Create a calendar of events and assignments
- Turn in assignments
- Create parent accounts
- Embed videos, images, and audio clips
- Use the Chrome extension to add content