May 18-May 22
End of year student material pick up and drop off process, procedures, and schedule
Student material pick up/drop off will occur on Monday June 8th and Tuesday June 9th.
- ***NOTE*** Grade 4 pick up/drop off will be in the bus loop. All other grades will pick up and drop off in back of the building.
- Student Material pick up/drop off will take place at the Arrowhead AM/PM student drop off and pick up area. (back parking lot by the gym door for grades K-3).
- In the interest of safety and efficiency, parents and students will remain in their vehicles at all times.
- Families place a sign with your last name and teacher information in your vehicle's dashboard front windshield. Place along the passenger side. Sample (Smith Family- 3 G)
- ***For families with multiple children in Arrowhead you will follow the first scheduled time per teacher schedule below. Please label your car sign as suggested. Sample: Smith (4 Mac, 2-Keff, KAM Raley)
- Place student items (library books, chromebooks/power cord, instruments, etc...) to be picked up in your vehicle's trunk or hatchback. When you arrive please make sure you open the trunk or hatchback.
- An Arrowhead staff member will collect your items (library books, chromebook/power cord, instrument, etc...)
- An Arrowhead staff member will place your child's/children items in your trunk or hatchback. Close it and then you may exit.
- Exit the building.
See scheduled student materials pick up and drop off times below:
Congrats to Arrowhead and Woodland TEAM TAMARIN
Congratulations to TEAM TAMARIN for placing third in the Unless Contest! The above image was the winners graphic shared on the Philadelphia Zoo’s Facebook page.
Message from School Counselor: Mrs. Cohen
Now more that ever, we must prioritize the social and emotional growth of our children. Social Emotional Learning (SEL) includes skills for correctly labeling emotions, recognizing the impact of thoughts and feelings, and understanding how emotions can affect behavior as well as physical health. The focus also includes teaching students how to have concern for others, make responsible decisions, develop healthy relationships, and effectively manage challenging situations. It will be important to teach our children how to set and work towards achieving positive goals, manage time and stress, and show empathy for others. With all of the above in mind, the Methacton elementary school counselors created a fun and colorful SEL packet to help your child practice these skills while home for the summer. Attached you will find an electronic copy. If you would like a hard copy of this packet, please email Dr. Roberts @ firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be available on your pick up day.
Virtual Field Day Message from the Methacton Physical Education teachers
Dear Methacton Elementary Families,
Field Day is an important tradition at our schools. It is a significant day for our students and our staff, and we feel that in these incredibly challenging times this event is a way to continue the tradition and have fun at home!
We’re excited to share our plan for a Virtual Field Day for our Methacton Elementary Schools. During the weeks of May 18th and May 25th, students (and their families) will have the opportunity to participate in Field Day. These events will be posted in Google Classroom under the Physical Education assignment tab (no other physical education lessons will be posted these weeks).
Our Virtual Field Day events are designed to be done indoors or outdoors using common household items. You won’t be asked to purchase any specialized equipment or supplies. Eight events will be listed. Please choose at least six events but if your child would like to do more that would be awesome! These events can take place anytime over the two week period.
Here’s how it will work:
● Items needed:
❏ 10 Large Socks (to create sock balls)
❏ 1 Laundry Basket (or bucket)
❏ Oversized T-Shirt, Shorts, and a Hat
❏ Clock or Stopwatch
❏ 3 Balloons
❏ 1 Kitchen Spatula
❏ 1 Plastic Container Lid
❏ 3 to 6 Sheets of Paper (for making airplanes)
❏ 1 Medium-sized Bucket
❏ 1 Plastic (Tupperware) Container
❏ 1 Sneaker
● Event cards/slides and scoresheet will be posted in your child’s physical education google classroom on: May 18th.
● Your child will be asked to choose a minimum of 6 events. However, he/she may complete as many events as they would like to.
● More information will be coming to share your field day fun!!
We appreciate your cooperation and are hopeful that your entire family will use it as a fun and meaningful way to be physically active together and with our entire school community.
Your Methacton Elementary Physical Education Staff
Click on the link for the parent letter:
See word document parent letter below:
Information presented to the Methacton School Board about full day kindergarten
On Monday, April 27, the Methacton School Board of Directors heard a presentation pertaining to full day kindergarten which is being considered for the 2022-2023 school year. You can see the presentation here: https://youtu.be/IW7c-8svqlk.
The Board is accepting questions or comments through May 31, 2020 in regards to full day kindergarten. Please email to email@example.com.
Google Classroom and virtual learning
Google Classrooms and virtual learning are up and running for our students. As a reminder, we wanted to share the following communication from the district
Students are required to login using MyMSD and then their respective google classrooms on a daily basis during scheduled school days. Student attendance login is required by 12 noon daily.
Click here for student attendance login directions.
Student attendance directions can also be found below:
1. Please click on the link for information about Methacton's Virtual Learning Environment:
Here is a link to frequently asked questions: FAQ page
2. Please find the Methacton School District Remote Learning Guide that summarizes the planned instructional program.
Arrowhead teachers are continuing to meet virtually to plan engaging instruction. I am also available by email if you have a question or need, so please do not hesitate to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org
Message from nurse Kelly and MSD nursing hours information
Nursing hours update: Please click on the link below for school nursing office hours: Nursing Office Hour 4-14-20 revised.pdf. It is also attached as a PDF document. We are here to help support you in any way that we can.
Educere is a resource that will remain available to our students in grades 1-4 throughout the online learning experience, but teachers are not the correct contact if you have questions. If you have questions about Educere please email: