A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of February 11, 2019
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- District PD on Monday, February 11 (Schedule here)
- TELPAS Writing Window Opens on Monday, February 11
- District Writing Checkpoint (K-2) on Monday-Thursday, February 11-14
- Mock STAAR Math (Gr 5) on Wednesday, February 13
- Faculty Meeting (SLO) or TELPAS Calibrations on Wednesday, February 13
- Six Week Awards Nominations DUE on Wednesday, February 13 (Click HERE)
- Behavior PLCs CANCELLED on Thursday, February 14....Happy Valentine's Day!
- Grades & RtI Intervention Updates DUE on Friday, February 15
- YMCA Book Giveaway (Gr 1??) on Friday, February 15 at 12: 45 pm
- TELPAS Writing Collection Set 1 (Past Tense & Science) due on Friday, February 15 at 4:00 pm to Mrs. Alvarado
- Fuel Up with Fruit on Friday, February 15
Coming Up: Book Fair NEXT WEEK! Seas the Night on Tuesday, February 19
From Your Captain
We are so excited to have a great turnout of students staying for tutoring after school. Please encourage students to attend every Monday & Tuesday. We appreciate everyone that is staying after school to tutor students. Make sure you are actively engaging with students; computer time should be kept to a minimum.
Grade 5 will be doing Mock STAAR Math on Wednesday, February 13. We will be using our intervention team and other paraprofessional staff and teachers as well as spaces in the portables, library, lab, and conference room.
This Week's School Agreement: We will keep our school safe by keeping our hands and feet to ourselves.
Great job on all of the Anchored in Excellence notes! Keep them coming!
Click HERE for the February Morning Meeting plans. This WEEK you are starting your CELEBRATION CENTER! Send Helton a picture of your Celebration Center by 12 pm on Friday for House Points
Check out the plans HERE.
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations Coach Ordones for being our Staff Member of the Week for always being flexible and starting each day with a smile and a great attitude.
Students in Ms. Somers' class are sharing their progress with their families!
Mrs. Templeton's class shared things that they struggle with during Morning Meeting.
SEAS The Night Plans
You can take a look at the plans HERE.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Making Thinking Visible
Compass Points was one of the Visible Thinking strategies we explored at PLC. Here are the directions for getting this visible thinking routine started in your room. We would love to hear how it goes! Compass Points is a great strategy for also bringing in Depth/Complexity because it hits Unanswered Questions, Big Ideas, Multiple Perspectives, & Details. You can learn more at THIS website.
Award nominations are due Wednesday, February 13. Input your award HERE.
Schedule for House Parties (meeting in the cafeteria)