Miss Zimmerman's Classroom News
3rd Grade - 3/7/14
Reading Focus Points for this week were:
- I can define event, procedure, idea, concept.
- I can identify events, procedures, ideas, and/or concepts in different types of informational text.
Homework: Students will also have a reading passage with questions they take home on Friday and have the responsibility to turn in completed the following Friday.
Reading log- 60 Minutes per Week
Will also come home Friday and should be returned the following Friday
Writer’s Focus Points for this week were:
- I can select a topic and identify information (e.g., facts, definitions, details) to share.
- I can organize my topic by grouping related information.
- The students chose an important person from history and working on biographical sketches.
Students will bring writing notebook home Mon.-Thurs.
Math Focus Points for this week were:
I can choose the correct operation to perform the first computation and choose the correct operation to perform the second computation in order to solve two-step word problems.Homework: Students may redo and turn in any assignment for a better grade. On occasion students may bring home additional practice sheets to help reinforce skills.
11- Music Program at Antioch (more info below)
12 - Spring Picture Day/Miss Zimmerman out for a meeting
17-21: Spring Beak
Monday- Counselor/Library Lesson & PE
Wednesday- Library Checkout/Health
Thursday-Music & PE
Friday – ART
3rd Grade Music Program at Antioch Middle School
Tuesday, March 11th, 7pm
2100 NE 65th St
Kansas City, MO
The 3rd grade Music Program
will be held Tuedsay, March 11th at Antioch
middle School at 7:30pm. Please make sure your
student is in the choir room by 7:00pm that
evening. Thank you!