The Soaring Eagle
News From The Nest. - August 2021
Dream BIGGER - Create Legacy
The work we accomplish at LES is a direct result of a community of support, a staff passionate about teaching and dedicated students. We cannot do this without our families and community. We are grateful and very blessed that you support TEAM LES!
This year's theme is Dream BIGGER - Create Legacy. We will partner with local agencies and community stakeholders to teach our students about Growing, Harvesting and Giving. We will have outdoor gardens to teach about growing plants, herbs and flowers. Classrooms will tend and harvest their crops. We will be learning about enterprise and serving our community and nation. We look forward to sharing more about this with you as we begin this amazing Legacy Project.
As always, let us know how we can serve you! We are ready to assit and support your child as they complete their educational journey at LES.
Leave a Legacy - Principal Smith
Please follow the procedures below daily during dismissal. Failure to adhere to our procedures may result in you having to park and pick up your child inside the building. This also slows the car rider line significantly for others.
1. Any delegations or transportation changes must be made prior to 2:50 pm daily.
2. Enter the car rider line from HHH road. ALL others will be redirected if coming off Hwy 401.
2. When arriving at school, open your App and announce your child. (You cannot announce until 2:50 pm daily.)
3. Display your child's car tag in your front window.
4. Click ANNOUNCE
5. DO NOT Pass cars in the loading area! We have students that load on both sides of the car and this is a safety concern.
6. Once in the car rider circle, avoid cell phone use as it is unsafe.
7. After your child is loaded, please ease off carefully and be aware of anyone walking in the parking lot.
FREE SCHOOL BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Eagle Beak Breaks
Students will have Eagle "Beak" or Mask Breaks throughout the day and during breakfast and lunch. The schedule will be shared by the grade level teacher once the Master Schedule is complete.
A cloth face covering will not be placed on:
- Anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious
- Anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the face covering without assistance.
-Anyone who cannot tolerate a cloth face covering due to developmental, medical, or behavioral health needs. (Documentation for this accommodation will kept private for each child or adult)
Upcoming Dates to Remember
Sept. 8 - BOG for 3rd Grade Students
Sept. 10 - Citizenship Program for Students only
Sept. 13 - Title I Curriculum Night for K-2 @ 6:00 pm
Sept. 14 - Title I Curriculum Night for 3-5 @ 6:00 pm
Sept. 21 - Ident-a-kid
Sept. 24 - Early Release Day at 12:30 pm
Sept. 30 - Red Carpet Event to recognize Summer Reading for Students only
Please type your questions on the form and we will do our best to get you a prompt answer.