The Dolphin Echo
Families: Friday, Nov. 13, 2020
A Message from Principal Cooper
I can't believe we are in November! Our students, staff, and families have grown so much in regards to distance learning this school year. I am so proud of and thankful for all of you and your commitment to the success of Helen Lehman.
As a staff, we have been working hard on student engagement and focusing our efforts in not only getting students to attend our Zoom Rooms but also engage these students in lessons that engage them outside the interactive time with their classmates and teacher.
We need your help. Some ways you can help are:
- Ask your student to show you their daily schedule, you can even post it on the refrigerator.
- Ask your student what activities they worked on today or what their teacher discussed in the Zoom Room.
- Email or contact the teacher via Seesaw, Google Classroom, or Parent Square, to ask questions or get support.
- Encourage your students to not only attend their class Zooms, but to also reach out to their teacher during office hours.
- Create a space for your student to be productive where they can "do" school.
- Pick up any materials that are being distributed by your teacher.
We all appreciate you and all you are doing at home to support your student. We know this is not easy and are here to support you and your family. Please reach out to us if you need support or have any questions or concerns.
Learning Options - Preparing for the Return to School
This is where you will have access to the learning options, and where you can make your choice as soon as possible. This information will give us valuable information when making decisions for the next steps in regards to returning to school. Use this link to access your Parent Portal: Parent Portal Log In Link
If you would like to e-mail us the information you can send an e-mail to the office Manager Paola Contreras at email@example.com Please include your name, your student's name, and the learning option.
The options are as followed;
1-Online Distance Learning Only
2- Socially-Distanced In-Person Learning
- All students who attend school on Wednesday will automatically be put into a school raffle. Winners at each grade level will be announced on Fridays and students can come to pick out a toy of their choosing.
- All students with perfect attendance for a month will be put in a BIG raffle. Three winners will be chosen to come to get a bigger prize. For November, each family who wins will receive a free Thanksgiving meal (turkey, green beans, cornbread, mashed potatoes, etc.) as well as a toy for the kiddo. We will continue to do a big monthly prize each month going forward!
When you are on campus
As we welcome families/students to campus for our various material distribution, we'd like to remind you of a few health and safety protocols.
1. Please stay home if you or your student:
- exhibit COVID-19 symptoms (i.e. fever of 100.4°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, new loss of taste or smell, etc.)
- tested positive for COVID-19, and are within the 10-day isolation period
- have had close contact (longer than 15 minutes) with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- live or cohabitate with a person who exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19
- traveled outside of the state (specifically to high-risk areas) within the past 14 days
2. While on campus, please respect social distancing of 6 feet and wear a mask at all times. We recommend sanitizing your hands prior to and after the event.
Password Hotline: 707-890-3777 If a District Chromebook is not working submit a help ticket through this link or call 707-890-3848
SCHOOL MEAL INFORMATION FOR 2020-21
- 7 breakfasts/7 lunches
- For anyone ages 0-18
- Pickup once a week
- Pickup meals at any location
- Groceries from Redwood Empire Food Bank will be available at some locations. Check getfood.refb.org for information
Elsie Allen High (599 Bellevue Ave): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Piner High (1700 Fulton Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Monroe Elementary (2567 Marlow Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Lincoln Elementary (850 W 9th St): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Lewis Ed Center (2230 Lomitas Ave): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Brook Hill Elementary (1850 Vallejo St): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm
Cook Middle (2480 Sebastopol Rd): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm
Biella Elementary (2140 Jennings Ave.): 6:45am-9am; 11am-1pm, 3pm-6pm