Social Studies Leadership Team
What - Last Session
During the last session we will spend a lot of time reviewing and discussing the revised grade level content expectations being presented to the State Board of Education in April 2015.
Original DescriptionElementary teachers who are passionate about teaching students and advancing Social Studies Education are invited to attend. This is a pilot year to access the need for having elementary teachers meet and collaborate each year on improving student achievement in Social Studies.
In the 2014-15 school year some time will be spent on improving and sharing summative assessments. Participants will be trained in summative assessment development and how to use Google Drive as a collaborative platform. Participants must commit to all four sessions. Lunch is on your own, there is no cost, but pre-registration is required.
During these meeting teachers will
- be updated on the latest Social Studies information,
- receive customized updates on and provide feedback for Illuminate
- receive access to resources,
- learn how to upgrade summative assessments,
- share ideas on effective instructional practices,
- work on collaborative projects
- deepen their understanding of Social Studies
- deepen their understanding of Google Drive
Last of Three Meeting Dates and Times in Room 102AB
Thursday, Feb. 26th, 8am-3pm
2413 W Maple Ave
What to Bring With You
- An example of the way you teach students to meet the Reading Standards for Informational Text to participate in activity, "Give One, Get One"
- Your own device; however, one can be provided if needed