Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! Feb. 12, 2016
- Reading: We will be reviewing main idea and important detail using evidence from the text
- Writing: We will be working on argumentative writing
- Math: We are working on area and volume of 3-D shapes
- Science We will continue our chapter on the Earth and Moon and the Moon phases
- Grammar: We will be reviewing adjectives and adverbs
Feb. 15th- Teacher In-service Day- NO school for students!
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
The students all did an amazing job on designing their Valentine's Day boxes! I heard many compliments from the staff about how creative their were!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
We have uploaded another Math app to help students practice their skills.
This site contains current event stories with a 4 question quiz at the end. Great way for allowing students to read topics they like and test their Comprehension! All students have a username and password to log on!
Many students are still struggling with converting fractions, decimals and percents. If you have time above is a free website that you and your child can review!
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.