Want to help end hunger & poverty?
Donate to Heifer International today!
What is Heifer International?
- An organization that works with communities to end world hunger, poverty, and to care for the earth
History of Heifer International
- Founder: Dan West
Began as Heifers for Relief
Dan West (founder) directed a program where hungry children were given rations of milk
Dan West thought that was not enough, he said "These children don’t need a cup, they need a cow"
Heifers for Relief Committee formed: 1939
National project was approved and began: 1942
Charity incorporated: 1944 (Local farmers donated animals)
- Worked in 125 countries
- Helped 25 million families out of hunger and poverty
- For more than 70 years, Heifer International has worked with people from all around the world
What do they do?
Helps bring sustainable agriculture and commerce to communities with a long history of poverty
Our animals provide partners with food and income
Some of the agricultural products (milk, eggs and honey) can be traded or sold at the market
What are the costs of the donations?
- Goat- $120 (share: $10)
- Heifer- $500 (share: $50)
- Water Buffalo- $250 (share: $25)
- Alpaca- $150 (share: $20)
- Llama- $150 (share: $20)
- Sheep- $120 (share: $10)
- Pig- $120 (share: $10)
- Fish Fingerlings- $300 (share: $30)
- Rabbits-$60 (share: $10)
- Honeybees- $30
- Community Animal Health Worker Kit- $200 (share: $20)
- Flock of Ducks- $20
- Flock of Chicks- $20
- Flock of Geese- $20
- Flock of Hope- $60
- Milk Menagerie- $1000 (share: $100)
- Cheeses of the World- $990 (share: $90)
How can I get involved?
- Partner with Heifer
- Teach about it in school
- Visit Heifer ranch, farm, and village