Department of Magnet Programs - Week of January 11, 2016
Leadership Food for Thought
Good morning everyone,
Happy New Year! I hope your first week back brought a renewed energy and excitement for the work that you do each day for our students. As we move through this second semester, let's strive to have a positive 2016. The new year is the perfect time to remember to start living, to stop worrying, to keep loving and to stop stressing.
I wish you 12 months of happiness, 52 weeks of fun, 365 days of success, 8,760 hours of good health, 52,600 minutes of good luck, and 31,536,000 seconds of joy! May you continue to have the zest, vision, and wisdom to finish the school year strong.
Let's keep our focus on the data by reviewing your Schoolnet benchmark and STAR data to determine areas of mastery and non-mastery. In your data meetings, please have teachers discuss what their plan of action is to address areas of deficiencies. How do they plan to reteach the skills that were not mastered while moving forward with the pacing guides?
I will be sending the principals that I work with a calendar invite to meet with you at your school within the next week or two to discuss your data and other areas of needed support.
Have a great week of LEADING and LEARNING and remember....You are REMARKABLE!
Yours in learning,
This Week at a Glance
- Report Cards Go Home
- STAR Enterprise assessment
- HCS School Board Meeting; Work Session @ 5:00 p.m.
- No Principal's Meeting - Conduct Instructional Rounds at one school in feeder pattern
- Key Leader's Network
- DOI Meeting at Providence Elementary
- Jemison/McNair/Hereford Project Review Meeting; Annex @ 2:30 - 4:30
- Principally Speaking
- Huntsville Council of PTAs - Liz Huntley presenter @ Lee High School Lecture Hall @ 6:30 p.m.
Friday, January 15
- Magnet Department Meeting @ 1:30
- MLK Holiday - No School
- Pre-K Progress Reports Go Home
- Middle School Principal's Round Table; Challenger Middle 9:30 - 10:45
Wednesday, January 20
- Digital Tour 1:1
Thursday, January 21
- NISL Cohort 2
- NISL Cohort 1 Graduation @ 2:00 p.m.
- Vertical Team Meeting
- Lee High School Magnet Night @ 6:00 p.m. to welcome new families
Friday, January 22
- NISL Cohort 2
- Add evidence to your PLP.
- Review most recent data assessment with faculty and develop a plan of action to address non-mastered standards.
- Magnet Principals/Coordinators - please send me your finalized mission statement, if you haven't already done so.
- Review information about Magnet Schools of America (MSA) Conference in Miami at www.magnet.edu; May 3- May 7; please let me know if you or any of your staff plan to attend. We need to coordinator registration and travel arrangements. Professional development monies are included in your magnet budget. You will be responsible to making the registration and travel arrangements. Keep in mind that this is an assessment week, i.e. ACT Aspire, EOC, IB and AP exams. Discuss with your magnet coordinators.
- Site Data Reviews - January 25 - 29
- Summer School PD - Secondary Programs will be developing a survey to gather input from middle and high school teachers on what type of professional development they are interested in attending this summer.
- Summer school will be held June 6 - July 1 at Lee and Grissom High Schools. If you have a teacher who is interested in teaching summer school, please have them reach out to Leslie Esneault.
- January 29 - LTF Training