RMS Weekly Events Calendar
January 4 - January 8
What's Going On This Week!!
Happy New Year! Welcome to 2016! I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and made lots of fabulous memories. I am excited to get the 2nd semester underway. It will be a busy semester as we begin preparation for our upcoming comprehensive monitoring. We will also be helping our students prepare for the spring state assessments including the ACCESS test for our EL students and the ACT Aspire assessments.
I thank all of you for your hard work in providing challenging learning activities for our students this past semester. I know we have had a few growing pains as we have increased the level of expectations for our students, but I am excited to see the changes that have been made. Always remember you have the power to change the life of a student.....the most influential factor in students' academic success is YOU!
Monday, January 4
- Teacher Work Day (for those that did not attend the summer workshop held by Mrs. Kincaid). This will be a great opportunity to prepare for the upcoming semester and work towards designing rigorous and challenging lessons and learning activities for our students. I also encourage you to collaborate with other teachers in your department to plan and develop lessons and assessments that are aligned with depth of knowledge that students will experience on our upcoming state assessments.
- Russellville Middle School basketball vs. Deshler (Away)
7th Grade Girls - 4:00 p.m.
7th Grade Boys - 5:15 p.m.
8th Grade Girls - 6:30 p.m.
8th Grade Boys - 7:45 p.m.
Tuesday, January 5
- Faculty Meeting - 8:30 a.m. - Media Center
- EL Training - 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - RHS Auditorium
Wednesday, January 6
- Mindset Book Study - Session #4 - 10:00 a.m. - Media Center
- Safety Professional Development - 1:00 p.m. - Media Center
Thursday, January 7
- Students return to class!!
Friday, January 8
- No known activities.