Mrs. Bushman's Kindergarten Class
We have had so much fun getting to know each other this past month! We have spent a great deal of time making new friends and settling into the many routines of our kindergarten classroom!
Run, run as fast as you can...
Gabe, Weston, Carolina, Hailey, and Callan are SO PROUD of their decorated gingerbread men cookies!
All things Phonics
We have also been focusing on early phonics skills such as rhyming words, counting syllables, and discriminating between pictures, letters, and words. We have discovered that with rhyming words, though the beginning sound of the word is different, the middle and ending sounds stay the same! We have also started learning new sight words, which are words that cannot always be sounded out! We have to just memorize them!
In math, we have been exploring different math manipulatives including pattern blocks!
We read, "The Button Box", and have been matching and sorting buttons with the same attributes (ie. color, size, shape, number of holes, etc)
We have used connecting cubes to make our "attendance stick" every morning!
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
- Wedns, October 12th- Yom Kippur- NO SCHOOL
- Tues, October 18th- Catonsville Firehouse Field Trip- Be sure to turn in your child's permission slip if you haven't already!
- Fri, October 21st- MSEA Convention Day- NO SCHOOL
- Wedns, October 26th- Farmer Stan Field Trip- Be sure to turn in your child's permission slip and $18 for the cost of the trip ASAP if you haven't already
- Fri, October 28th- 3 hour early dismissal & Halloween Parade/Party