Meadow Brook Staff Newsletter
Week of October 1
Quote of the Week
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
– Benjamin Franklin
We have seen evidence of great work within our PLC's. Results are in!! Flex days pay big dividends towards student learning.
Remember the instructional cycle...Teach, Access, Look at the data, Re-teach based on student evidence, and Re-access. The process continues until students demonstrate mastery of the Power/Promise Standards.
This is a direct link to the shared PLC folder. Once you open it you may want to star it so it won't get lost in the "Shared with Me" folder.
- Monday: (B day)
- Tuesday: (A day) Thomas Jefferson Presentation from 12:45-1:30 5th grade only (We will dismiss you by intercom)
- Wednesday: (B day) Blue Out (Bullying Prevention Month)
- Thursday: (A day) 6th grade GRIT Assembly---STEM Night/Book Fair 5:30-7:00
- Friday: (B day) 5th grade GRIT Assembly---PTSO Snack Day at recess
- It is very important that you keep your classroom door locked at ALL times.
- Please make sure that you are consistently taking attendance every hour.
Things to look forward to:
- GRIT assemblies Oct. 4 (6th grade) and Oct. 5 (5th grade)
- Fill out your PL Focus by Oct. 16. Please ask if you need help doing this.
Ms. Kasserman celebrated a student in her CARE class that showed much improvement.