A welcome message from your Room Parent
A quick introduction
- Sending you information about what is happening at Athena, such as the upcoming Cultural Fest (11/23). These notes won't replace the official updates from Athena, but just in case you got too busy to read the whole newsletter, I'll mention the important ones.
- Asking for your help for donated items, such as the current request for Old Keys for a wind chime project the class is working on.
- Recruiting Volunteers! I want to make sure you know every opportunity available to take part in our classroom activities and community events.
- Planning meet-ups outside of school hours, such as at Little Stacy Park or the Central Market Playground.
- Requests for money for specific reasons, such as Staff Appreciation Week, holiday gifts, or special Birthday surprises for our Guides.
We have two current needs that are right around the corner, so please read the details below to find out how you can help sign up to manage the food tables at Cultural Fest and bring traditional Thanksgiving Snacks for our class during the short 2-day holiday week.
Do you have an Austin Library Card? We need volunteers to rotate our classroom Library books each month. Contact me to sign up!
Short notice, but we need parents to bring festive snacks week after next. See below for more details!
If you have old keys lying around, Amber would love to have them for her windchime project! Bring them in at dropoff and she'll show you where she's collecting them.
CULTURAL FEST (Nov 23)
Managing the Food Tables
To sign up for a one-hour timeslot, please visit Athena's Signup Genius page and commit to helping manage the food tables at Cultural Fest!
thanksgiving snacks needed Holiday week
Sign Up for Monday or Tuesday (Nov 25-26)
cranberry sauce - Heather
steamed green beans - Deb
mashed sweet potatoes - Katy
zucchini bread - Liz
pumpkin bread - Sara
butter - Katie
steamed edamame in the shell - Amy
apple cider - Rachael