A PRINCIPAL UPDATE FOR OUR CHANDLER FAMILIES
December 1, 2022
Save the Date!
12/3- Holly Jolly Run
12/5-12/9- Penguin Patch Holiday Shop
12/5-12/15- 6th Grade selling Holiday Candy Grams (before school)
12/5- 6th Grade Choir Tour Field Trip
12/6- Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day
12/6- 3rd Grade STEAM Center Field Trip
12/9- Kids Against Hunger Dollar Day- Pay $1 to wear PJ's today!
12/13- PTA General Meeting/ Kindergarten Performance- 6pm
12/15- Winter Class Parties- (6th 8:30AM) (K-5th 2:00 PM)
12/16- Polar Express Day
12/16 - Early Student Release Day 12:00 p.m.
12/16- End of 2nd 9 Weeks Grading Period
12/19-1/2- Winter Break- No School
1/3- Staff Development Day- No School for Students
1/4- Students back to school
1/6- Campus Tech Appreciation Day- Celebrate Mrs. Southard!
1/6- Cheetah Champion Breakfast- 8am
1/7- UIL Competition at Allen High School
1/9- Chick Fil A Spirit Day
1/10- 3rd Grade Field Trip to KidZania
Ways to Get Involved
- JOIN PTA!!!
- Like us on Facebook: @chandlerelementaryPTA
- Like us on Twitter: @CC_PTA, @cheetahchandler, @ChandlerPrin
- Like us on Instagram: @chandlerelementarypta
- Volunteer! To volunteer, complete a Criminal History Check online at www.allenisd.org each year.
- Contact your child's teacher or sign up to volunteer through the Chandler PTA.
Book Fair Help Needed!
Father Daughter Ball
We welcome you to the 22nd Annual Father Daughter Ball. We hope as you walk into the winter wonderland of dazzling snowflakes, that you'll create a lifetime of memories. Join us for a sparkly evening including dancing, light refreshments, pictures, and prizes. Like last year, we will have three dances.
Twilight Dance 4:30-5:30 pm KG and under
Evening Dance One 6:00-7:30 pm Gr 1-3
Evening Dance Two 8:30-10:00 pm Gr 4-7
The ages and grades are recommendations only; however, the dance format and music selections will be geared towards the targeted age group. Registration is limited and is held on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets are dance specific. Cancellations will be accepted and a refund will be issued as long as the cancellation is received by noon on December 5, 2022. New this year, each person attending must buy a ticket; we no longer offer "Couple Tickets”. If you have questions please call or email Sandra Lovesey at 972-727-0502 or email@example.com.
GOGUARDIAN PARENT APP
- Doors will open at 7:30 AM for arrival.
- School begins at 7:45 AM.
- Please ensure your child is arriving with plenty of time to get to class. Instructional minutes begin at 7:45 AM.
- If your child arrives after 7:45 AM, you will need park and sign them in at the front office.
Eating Breakfast at Chandler
- If you child is having breakfast, they will need to arrive no later than 7:30 AM.
Student Personal Items
- Please, please, please put your child's name on their personal items.
- We recommend using the initial of the first name and the full last name. (Ex: Bobbie Allen)
- If your child misplaces something and their name is on it, we will do everything we can to get it back to them.
- Suggested items you put their names on:
- Water bottle
- Student will be the ones that pass the invitations or items out
- Invitations must be shared with either the whole class or all boys or all girls...we don't want to leave people out. If they don't want to invite all these people, your child will need to pass them out on their own time outside of the school day.
- Digital invitations are a great option, but teachers may not share invitations with parents or provide you with email addresses to do so. If you join PTA, a directory with some of this information will be shared soon.
- Goodie bags or treats need to be shared with all students.
- We highly recommend all items be individually wrapped. This makes it so much easier for the students.
- Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their own children in a designated area beginning on Sept. 6th.
We ask that all lunch visitors sign up on our "Lunch Visitors Sign Up" at least 24 hours in advance. This helps our overall operations here when teachers know that you will be meeting your student and they send them to join you during their lunch time.
We also do not allow parents to join their students for lunch on state testing days.
We do have specific days in which we ask for no lunch visitors.
When you arrive for lunch, make sure you bring your photo ID. You will need to sign in with the receptionist and then proceed to the designated room.
For security purposes and to avoid hurt feelings of other students, only your student will be allowed to sit with you.
You are welcome to bring in an outside meal for your student and/or yourself only.
If purchasing a tray, please have your child order your meal at the beginning of the day in order to have enough food prepared.
We will have expectations that need to be followed, and at no time will lunch visit any other locations on campus other than the designated space for lunch.
2022-2023 Health and Safety Guidelines
The district will continue to monitor the guidance of local, county, and state health agencies to ensure we find an appropriate balance of health and safety procedures that afford us the opportunity to also ensure high levels of student learning.
Allen ISD’s health and safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 for the 2022-2023 school year are located on the district website. These protocols are subject to change based upon additional Texas Education Agency guidance.
Penguin Patch Holiday Shop - December 5-9
Our annual Holiday Shopping Experience for students is open next week - December 5-9! Mrs. Horton & Student Council will transform the Chandler Multi-Purpose Room into a Holiday Shopping Wonderland the week of December 5-9 to allow our students to shop for special gifts for family and friends for the upcoming holiday season! Gifts are inexpensive & will range in price from $ .25 up to $12.00. Students will be able to purchase and wrap these gifts to be ready for giving. A Penguin Patch flyer and budgeting envelope came home this week in your child's daily folder to help your child consider who they might like to purchase a gift for. A portion of the proceeds from our Holiday Shop will go toward our Kids Against Hunger fund! Contact Dawn.Horton@allensid.org with questions.
Chick Fil A Spirit Day - Tuesday 12/6
Our next Chick Fil A Spirit Day is on Tuesday, December 6th. We hope you can stop by the Stacy Road Chick Fil A on that day for a meal or a treat! When you mention that you are DINING FOR CHANDLER to the cashier, we receive a portion of your total to add to our Kids Against Hunger service project fund! Thank you for your support!
Kids Against Hunger DOLLAR PAJAMA DAY - Friday, December 9th
All Chandler students & staff are invited to bring a DOLLAR next Friday, December 9th AND wear PJ's as we continue our fundraising efforts for our school-wide service project in May! Kids Against Hunger is a heart-warming large group assembly line where all Chandler students package meal kits for hungry families in Honduras and Ukraine. The cost of this event is $6,000 and our Student Council hosts a variety of fundraisers through the year to meet that goal. We hope you can participate in this fun, impactful and COZY day!
The Allen ISD Character Value for December is EMPATHY
Empathy is the ability to understand another person's feelings and to let them know you care.
Tips for practicing empathy (for kids & adults):
- Practice listening to others without interrupting.
- Pay attention to body language and other types of nonverbal communication.
- Seek to understand people, even when you do not agree with them.
- Ask people questions to learn more about them and their lives.
- Imagine yourself in another person's shoes.
2022 Holly Jolly 5K & Fun Run
Dec 3, 2022
- Fun Run starts @ 3:30 pm
5K starts @ 4 pm
- Shirt Pick up is from 2:30 - 4 pm – if you did not pick them up already
- Remember there are all kinds of fun things to do after the runs, including the tree lighting.
Thank you to everyone that signed up for the run that will go towards making our FIELD DAY GREAT!
This week and next we are learning how to bowl in PE. The students are learning the proper techniques to bowling from throwing the ball, setting up the pins, and returning the ball.
Chandler has a 5th and 6th grade boys and girls team. Last year our 5th grade boys team and 5th & 6th Grade girls team won 1st place out of all the elementary schools in Allen.
Bowling is considered a lifetime sport!!
Notes From Music
- Honor Choir forms are due now.
- Choir Tour and Cluster Concert Monday, December 5th.
We will be traveling on our choir tour THIS Monday, December 5th. Students need to wear jeans and their choir t-shirt. The Ford Cluster Choir Concert is THE SAME NIGHT, Monday Dec. 5th. The concert will be at the PAC (in AHS). Student arrival time is 5:30PM to rehearse & warm up. The concert begins at 6:30PM.
- Kindergarten program Tuesday, December 13th at 6PM in the cafeteria.
Next week is “Hour of Code” which is an international celebration of computer science and coding that encourages everyone to spend an hour or more coding. Students usually really enjoy these activities and they are great for developing problem solving and critical thinking skills. There are many free (and paid) coding websites and games available to families. Some that we think students will enjoy are available on these choice boards.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Location: Chandler Elementary School, Water Oak Drive, Allen, TX, USA