Ms. Simmons' Spot
Week of September 28, 2015
- September 28-October 2- Book Fair at Ebinport
- October 1- Grandparent's day Lunch @ 10:40
- October 2- Run-A-Thon Pep Rally
- October 2- 6:30 Family Movie Night
- October 2- 9:00 AM Terrific Kid Ceremony
- October 15- School Picture Day (Individual and Group)
- October 16- End of 1st 9 weeks
- October 16- Fun Run Collection Date
- October 20- Ward 2 Elections at Ebinport (Media Center Closed)
What we are learning this week!
This week we will continue with multiplication. We have been learning how to show our thinking. Students have learned many ways to show thinking such as repeated addition, arrays and drawing it out. We will continue with this and quiz on Friday!
We are continuing working on theme! When talking to your child after reading or watching a movie see if they can figure out the overall theme or message of the story! Remind them its what the author wants us to learn from experiencing the storyline!
We will be finishing up our weather unit this week!! Have students look over weather notes to help prepare for the test!
We are finishing up our Native American unit and will rest soon! Having students study notes and make flash cards to help retain information will be helpful in preparing for the test.
Please take a moment to complete this brief survey on Parent Workshops to vote on the topics, dates and times that work best for your family. Our class is competing to win a popcorn party for whoever gets the most surveys completed, so be sure to complete your survey!