RRISD Social Studies
Summer Online Book Study
Why Won't You Just Tell Us the Answer
Written by an experienced classroom U.S. History teacher, "Why Won't You Just Tell Us the Answer?": Teaching Historical Thinking in Grades 7-12, chronicles Bruce Lesh's approach to developing and incorporating historical study investigations with his students at the center of the process. It is a remarkable read for anyone searching for a practicable method of engaging students in historical analysis. This is appropriate for any Grades 3 – 6th Grade also or any teacher that participated in the RRISD Library of Congress: Teaching with Primary Sources grant.
A minimum of 20 participants will be expected to read independently and log-in to the online platform to submit reading reflections and collaborate with others in the book study process. The book will be provided to you. Although the book’s title states grades 7-12, it is appropriate for teachers grades 3 – 6th Grade or any teacher that participated in the RRISD Library of Congress: Teaching with Primary Sources grant. Rachel Hernandez from ESC Region 13 will be the facilitator. GT UPDATE (6 hours)
Summer Book Study
Wednesday, June 4th, 12am to Friday, June 27th, 12am
This is an online event.
- Edmodo is the online platform for the book study. Teachers must be familiar with this website to participate in the book study and get credit.
- A minimum of 20 participants will be allowed.
- The book will be provided to you.
- May earn your GT 6 hour update.
- Deadline for sign-up is May 16, 2014.
- Sponsored by the Library of Congress: Teaching With Primary Sources Grant