Childproofing a Bathroom
by: Cassidy Baker and Emma Spears
Why should you childproof your bathroom?
- It is important to make sure that your bathroom is safe for any young children living in your house. Using childproofing devices is key to having a safe and happy life.
What can you do to childproof your bathroom?
- Install covers on bathroom doorknobs to prevent children from entering the bathroom without adult knowledge.
- Keep children from playing in the toilet by installing a lock on the toilet seat.
- Keep any sharp objects or medicines out of reach of children.
- Keep any tools that produce heat away from children's reach.
- Keep any plugged in items away from water.
- Add plastic bumpers and coverings to prevent your child from hitting their head in the shower or tub.
- Use nonslip rubber mats.