North Elementary School- April 7, 2016
Duties for the week of April 11
SPECIAL CLASS: Week 3
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION/LOUNGE DUTY: Amy Brewer, Kim Bruce, Kourtney, Jason (April and July Birthdays)
YEE HAWS!!!!! = 27
Calendar of Events
Thursday, April 7
- Principal's Evaluation Meeting- 8:00-9:00 am - Barb at BOE
Friday, April 8
- Summer School Registration Due from students
Monday, April 11
- Happy Birthday, Laura!
- IEP (5S) at 8:15 am in the office
- Blue Ribbon Writing Party at 9:00 am in room 110 (Note date change)
- ECSE Transition Meeting at 11:00 am in the office (Barb, Jennifer, Karly)
- 5th grade promotion meeting at 5:30 pm in room 110
- Board of Education Meeting at 6:00 pm at BOE
Tuesday, April 12
- 4th and 5th grade switch special class time
- Group pictures for grades 4-5 at 8:05 am in the gym
- RED (5S) at 8:15 am in the office
- District Council at 9:00 am at Dix Road - Barb out
- PTO Volunteer Luncheon at noon at LCMS- Barb out
- Amanda's Bridal Shower at 3:15 pm in the library
Wednesday, April 13
- Leadership Team Meeting at 3:15 pm in Room 110
Thursday, April 14
- Elementary Principals' Meeting at 8:00 am at BOE- Barb out
- IEP (3G) at 3:15 pm in the office
- Apples for Teacher Banquet at 6:00 pm
Friday, April 15
- Mid-quarter progress reports go home
- Blue Ribbon Writing Papers due to Fariba by 3:00 pm please
Happy April Birthday to:
- Summer School student enrollment forms due to the office by Friday, April 8.
- Nominations for the Central Bank Ralph Shroeder Citizenship award are due to Barb by Friday, April 8. (Grades K-4)
- RSVP for Teacher Appreciation Banquet (April 28 at 6:30 pm at LCMS) is due by Thursday, April 14. A google form was sent to you by Terra Parris on 3/29/2016.
- Orders for the 2016-2017 school year are due to Carey by Friday, April 29. (Details were emailed to you on Thursday, March 31)
For Upcoming Newsletters:
I am starting to include all activity dates for newsletters between now and the end of the year. This doesn't mean you have to include them ALL in newsletters starting immediately. Use your judgement as to what you begin to include and when.
- Summer School Student Enrollment forms due to the office by Friday, April 8.
- Grade 4-5: Group Pictures are on Tuesday, April 12
- Grades 3-5- include your MAP testing schedule each week in April so that parents will try to avoid scheduling appointments.
- School store is Thursday, May 5
- Yearbook orders will be due on Friday, May 6
- Sing off for grades 1-5 is Wednesday, May 11 at 8:30 am
- Fourth Quarter Brag Tag assemblies are on Monday, May 16: Grades K-2 at 9:00 am and Grades 3-5 at 10:00 am
- 5th grade promotion is Tuesday, May 17 at 8:30 am
- Sports Day is Wednesday, May 18 from 12:30-2:30 pm
- The last day of school is Thursday, May 19. Dismissal is at noon.
Click here to access all of the resources for preparing for the MAP test.
MAP Practice Tests
K-5 Student iPads for MAP testing
It is VERY important that everyone fully charge their keyboards and their iPads before they box them up to send them to 5th grade on Friday, April 15. This includes the external keyboards that Kindergarten and first grade have been storing in their crates! Please be sure that all keyboards AND iPads are fully charged by next Friday, April 15!
If all goes as planned.... Kindergarten, you will get your iPads back on Wednesday, April 27 and everyone will have their iPads back on Friday, April 29.
Years of Service
Karly Berendzen- 10 years
Holly Schaefer- 10 years
Mary Thorne- 25 years
If you believe this information is incorrect or if you think you should receive a years of service award, please contact Linda Armstrong (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Terra Parris. (email@example.com)
It's getting to be that time of year.....
Apples for Teacher Finalist
- Weekly entries should be made into Infinite Campus in each subject area.
- Be sure to keep your websites up-to-date!
- I would like copies of all classroom newsletters. These can be sent to me electronically or a paper copy in my mailbox.
- Please continue to use the clip up tickets, Safe, Respectful, and Responsible Compliment cards (or verbal compliments) keeping the 4:1 in mind!