October 31 - November 6, 2021
Many important updates for the next few weeks at BHS are included below. As always, please let me know if we can support your student in any additional way.
Brockport High School
Ph: (585) 637-1877
Fax: (585) 637-1867
News and Notes
Our fall 2021 Focus will arrive at District homes through the Suburban News this weekend (October 30). Click above for an electronic copy for your review. We hope you enjoy our fall highlights!
Early Release Drill
On Wednesday, November 10 we will have an Early Release Drill. All schools will be dismissed 15 minutes early. As such, buses are scheduled to depart 15 minutes earlier than normal. If necessary, please make alternate transportation arrangements for your child. This drill does not impact UPK or our afternoon WEMOCO students. We conduct safety drills periodically to ensure students and staff know how to respond in the event of an emergency.
BHS Youth Risk Behavior Survey
BHS Parents and Students,
Brockport High School is participating in the Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) as part of a countywide and district effort to gather information about the health risk behaviors of students in grades 6-12. Questions will be asked about personal safety, nutrition, alcohol and other drug use, physical exercise, mental health, sexual behaviors, and community involvement.
The survey has been administered in Monroe County schools every two years since 1992. Information from the survey has assisted school, health, and community organizations to plan services for youth based on local needs. Completing the survey poses no risk to your child. Participation is voluntary and anonymous. Your support of the Youth Risk Behavior Survey is an important contribution to assuring the health of our youth. The survey will be administered at BHS on November 29 during Advisement.
If you do not want your son/daughter to participate in the survey, please complete the form included in the letter linked here and return it to the main office at Brockport High School by November 15th. Monroe County has also provided us with the Q&A resource linked here. A copy of the survey will be available in the BHS Main Office for your review. If you have any questions regarding the survey, please contact me at the number below.
Upcoming Vaccination Clinic at BHS
Monroe County will be hosting two COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics on November 18 and December 9, 2021, from 3-5 p.m. at the Brockport High School cafeteria.
- Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccines will be available for eligible individuals, age 12 and older
- First dose, second dose and booster shots are available for eligible individuals
- Appointments are preferable, but walk-ins will be allowed during the clinic timeframe. Appointments can be made at: Monroe County Pop-up Clinic at BHS
- Children 5-11 will not be vaccinated at this clinic
- Gift cards (up to $100) will be given for first and second doses, while supplies last
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- All individuals must provide identification upon arrival
- Class Acts
- BOE Meeting
- Foodlink Food Drive
- NHS Blood Drive
- 9th Grade Assembly
- Department Meeting
- Grades Due in IC
- 10th Grade Assembly
- Grades in Campus Backpack
- 11th Grade Assembly
- 12th Grade Assembly
- Sr. High Area All State, East Irondequoit HS-9am
- HS Musical Auditions 2:30-5pm
- HS Musical Auditions 2:30-5pm
- Thanksgiving Recess- No School
- Department Chair Meeting
- Brockport Festival of Lights 5pm
- PTSA Meeting 4pm
- BOE Meeting 6pm
- Faculty Meeting
- Choir/Wind Ensemble Concert 7pm
Brockport High School: (585) 637-1870
Principal: (585) 637-1877
Assistant Principal Benzan: (585) 637-1870
Assistant Principal Bourne: (585) 637-1979
Assistant Principal Iacchetta: (585) 637-1870
Attendance Office: (585) 637-1871
Attendance Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Office: (585) 637-1873
School Nurse: (585) 637-1872