Falcon Music Newsletter
April Edition 2016
Welcome to the Falcon Music Newsletter! To keep you informed of all the upcoming concerts and events, student accomplishments, and latest updates, I will be sending this email out every month. I hope you find this letter helpful as your child grows as a musician in the Utt Music Program! Thank you, and happy reading!
Mr. Kevin Harker
Director of Choral and Instrumental Music
Utt Middle School
In this Edition!
- THS Area Concert Recordings
- Upcoming Events
- Music Tees
- Ways to stay connected to Utt Music
THS Area Concert
THS Area Band and Orchestra Concert by Kevin Harker
- Thursday, March 31st @ 6pm in the MPR- MOVED TO APRIL
- Tuesday, April 19th @ 6pm in the MPR- Spring Concert (Concert Band, Choir, and String Orchestra ONLY)
- Tuesday, May 10th @ 5:30 in the MPR - International Fair (Wind Symphony, Choir, and Philharmonic Orchestra ONLY)
- Thursday, June 2nd @ 6pm in the MPR - End of the Year Concert (ALL GROUPS)
- Wednesday, June 15th @ 6pm in the Quad - 8th Grade Promotion (All 6th and 7th grade Band and Orchestra students)
In order to provide every music student with a Falcon Music shirt for concerts, the Music Program must be able to cover the cost of the shirts. To continue to provide these shirts year after year, all music shirts must be returned to Mr. Harker, and will be loaned out at each concert. If you wish to keep your music shirt, an $8 donation will cover its cost. For every student who has not already turned in money for the shirt, you must either turn in the shirt OR an $8 donation by Friday, April 15th. Thank you for your help and understanding!
Ways to Stay Connected to Utt Music
- Utt School Website
- Printed News Letters (sent home with students)
- Email Newsletters (NEW)
- Remind (NEW)
The Utt MS Calendar also has information about event dates and times.
Printed News Letters
Email Newsletter (NEW)
For those of you unfamiliar with Remind, it is a service that allows parents and students to receive information via text message. If text messaging is your (or your child's) most frequent form of communication, receiving text alerts might be the most convenient way to stay connected.
Remind is used by Utt Music for the following:
- reminders to take instruments home to practice
- homework reminders including practice logs and videos
- sending courtesy event and concert reminders with details
- communicating with Mr. Harker
THIS SERVICE IS SAFE AND FREE
"Phone numbers stay private, so information is safe and secure. Teachers, students, and parents have easy access to reporting tools and all message logs."
"Teachers, students, and parents can start using Remind immediately—on any device and free of charge."
To sign up to receive alerts pertaining to your child's class, just send a text message containing the code below (i.e. @dfbfe) to the number 81010.
Concert Band (Beginning Band): text @dfbfe to 81010
Wind Symphony (Advanced Band): text @ab32g to 81010
Choir: text @dbbkh to 81010
Philharmonic Orchestra (Advanced Orchestra): text @k822b to 81010
String Orchestra (Beginning Orchestra): text @3669a9 to 81010
Again, this service is FREE, and keeps your phone number private (and mine too).
For more info, visit www.remind.com