The Mars Rovers Curiosity and sam
Nasa's twin robot geologist, The mars exploratipon rovers launched tward Mars June 10 and July 7, 2003, In search of answers about the history of water on Mars. They Landed on Mars January 3 and January 24, 2004. The Mars exploration Rover mission is part of Nasa's Mars exploration Program, a long-term effort of Robotic exploration of the red planet. The next rover NASA will send to Mars in 2020 will carry seven carefully-selected instruments to conduct unprecedented science and exploration technology investigations on the Red Planet.
for moir information go to :
- The rovers curiosity and sam where set off at two diffrent times - the first one on june 10 2003 and july 7 2003. The first one got there january 3 2004 and the secound one got to mars january 24 2004.
- The two rovers went diffrent directions of mars and both sites where graphed as previous water or liquid substance. It was almost to look like a giant lake.
- both rovers have cameras as eyes and send photos back to the Nasa station.
- the rovers are less powerfull than the iphone 4s.
- radio signals take about 14 minutes from mars to earth.
- the name of the rover is curiosity and was picked out by a 6th grader that entered the name in a contest that was held by Nasa.
- On Curiositys birthday it sings happy birthday to its self.
- After curiosity landed, Obama spoke to Nasa, he said " If in fact you do come in contact with martians, please let me know right away.