Thumpity Thump Thump!
Holiday Heroes - A Tribute to our Veterans
Gingy has arrived!
Christmas Around the World - Social Studies Unit
When we visited Sweden, your child learned about the Tomte, or Christmas gnome, that delivers gifts. He is pulled in a sled by goats. People set out a bowl of porridge for him. We also sampled cinnamon bond and hot cocoa, and the students shared their opinion about what they liked best!
- In phonics this week, we focused on the -at word family. Word families can help emergent readers by providing predictable patterns within words. Being able to identify these patterns will help your child decode new words.
- We practiced writing -at word family words on whiteboards, and created the "at the cat" word slide. The word slide can be a great tool for you to use at home!
- Topic 6 Learning Goal: Students will be able to understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Your child represented addition with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, or verbal explanations.
- Represent Addition as Adding To
- Represent Addition as Putting Together
- Using the Plus Sign
Word of the Week: in
Take a Look at Lola's Week as Star!
Star of the Week!
Gingerbread House Decorating
We would love it if you came in to lend a helping hand!
- Center Square School will be hosting a book swap, Thursday, January 21st at 6pm. We are asking families to donate "gently used" children's books. There will be a box in the foyer for donations. On the night of the Swap, the students will be able to pick "new" books to take home with them. There will also be a read aloud and a little activity. The children are welcome to come in their pajamas!