A Day in The Life Of A Diabetic
Type 1 Diabetes
Background of Type 1 Diabetes
How blood sugar is monitored in Type 1 Diabetes
How To Monitor Blood Sugar
1. After washing your hands, insert a test strip into your meter.
2. Use your lancing device on the side of your fingertip to get a drop of blood
3. Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood.
4. Your glucose level will appear on the meter's display.
Basic Recommendations for a Diabetic Diet
Recommendations for excerise and lifestyle/ Staying fit controls Diabetes
3 Biomedical Professions That Can Assist A Diabetic
1. Podiatrist- A Podiatrist plays a key role in helping patients manage diabetes successfully and avoid foot related complications because diabetic feet swell.
2. Dietitian- A Dietitian helps create meal plans, track your blood sugar, count your carbohydrates, and teaches you how to monitor your progress.
3. Ophthalmologist- An Ophthalmologist plays an important role in preventing the complications of last stage eye disease caused by diabetes.