We are well into an amazing start of the 2021 – 2022 school year. It is great to have all our scholars back in the building for learning. The students are SHINING in the hallways and bringing so much joy back into the building. Our staff is working diligently to support our scholars in learning at their highest levels! It is our hope you will partner with us this year to ensure our scholars achieve academic success. Thank you for being committed to help us see this happen!
It is my privilege to lead such an outstanding school community, and I look forward to the partnerships that will develop throughout our journey to accomplish both a rewarding and successful school year.
Gwenda Nimmo - Smith
- School hours are 8:20AM - 3:20PM.
- Car Rider drop off: 8:10AM - 8:50AM; Parents must come inside to check students in after this time.
- Students are considered tardy at 8:50.
- Starting this year, announcements will begin 8:40am, so that instruction may begin promptly at 8:50am with our Morning Meeting. Thanks in advance for getting your scholar here on time and ready to learn.
- Dismissal begins with car riders at 3:15.
- Car riders dismissal: 3:15 - 3:55; after this time, parents must come inside to pick up their student.
- No student checkout after 2:30PM
- Office Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM
- At this time, lunch visitors are not allowed. We will notify parents when we are able to accommodate parents in the cafeteria.
Parent and School Communication
Home to school communication is essential to student success.Please frequently check our website: https://www.gcpsk12.org/AnnistownES, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @annistownes, and read all emails from Annistown Elementary School to stay up to date on all current and upcoming events, important updates, and invaluable information.
We will also communicate using the following tools:
Please make sure that our front office has your most current and updated contact information on file.
School Nutrition at AES
As a reminder, for the 2021-22 school year, all students are eligible to receive breakfast and lunch at no charge, based on USDA waivers. While meals will be provided at no charge for all students this school year, families are still encouraged to complete the free/reduced-price meal application as soon as possible. Confirmed eligibility for free/reduced-price meals ensures access to many benefits beyond school meals (free/reduced internet, additional technology and resources for schools, etc.) Please use this link to complete the application.
Meal pick-ups for digital learners will be available each day from 11:00am-12:00pm. Meals will only be provided to GCPS students. If you would like to pick up meals, please contact our front office.
Get your Annistown gear and show you SPIRIT! Click the button above to access our online store.
Annistown Students SHINE in Uniforms!
Annistown students are strongly encouraged to adhere to the school - wide uniform policy
Tops: Black, White or Gray
Bottoms: Black or Khaki
Uniform tops with the Annistown shield can be purchased through our online school store.
We are looking for parents interested in filling vacancies on the Annistown Elementary Local School Council. Click the button above to learn more about our school council and complete the interest form.
Complete all required Back to School forms with this link.
Save the Dates...
- August 31 - Boy Scouts Registration Night - 7:00PM
- September 1 - 3 - IOWA Testing (2nd Grade Only)
- September 3 - First Fridays with Kona Ice
Support our PBIS Team with the purchase of a Kona Ice. Prices range from $3 - $6.
- September 6 - Labor Day - SCHOOLS CLOSED
- September 10 - September 17 - Fall Book Fair
- September 14 - Digital Learning Day #1 for all students. Please complete the Chromebook Request Form if a device is needed.
- September 14 - District IV Area Board of Education Meeting at Berkmar High School - 6:30PM
- September 29 - Local School Council Meeting - 9:30 AM- 11:00AM
- September 30 - Fall Picture Day
- October 7 - October 11- Fall Break - NO SCHOOL
As part of Gwinnett County Public Schools’ family engagement initiative, the school district seeks to empower parents with tools that allow them to help their children at home. Our AKS at Home project provides math and language arts resources to support families so that they truly are partners in their children’s learning. This support is available for families to access in the format that fits them and their schedule best. They can attend live virtual meetings, view recorded information at a time that best fits their schedule, or gain tips and suggestions on how to best help their students through tip sheets on a wide variety of topics.
AKS@Home Zoom session dates, previous recordings, and tip sheets for parents of students in Kindergarten through 5th grade are posted on the district’s AKS@Home webpage.
Join the Annistown PTA
Join the Annistown PTA today! You can join the PTA by signing up through my payments plus. PTA membership is just $7.00.
We are also looking for additional parents to serve in leadership positions on our PTA Executive Board.
All interested parents should contact Mrs. Nimmo - Smith via email at email@example.com.
Health and Safety Updates
GCPS continues to promote health and safety for our students, staff, and visitors. A number of layered mitigation strategies are planned for 2021-22 in GCPS, including:
- Requiring masks, with regular reminders about proper mask use (covering nose and mouth, fitted at sides, etc.)
- Promoting vaccination for those who are eligible
- Physical distancing when feasible
- Encouraging regular handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer
- Promoting proper respiratory etiquette (covering coughs and sneezes, disposing of tissues, etc.)
- Emphasizing the need for individuals to stay home if they are sick, have been exposed to a known case, or are being tested for COVID
- Continuing the Health Response Teams (HRT) process that was used this past year to identify close contacts and report positive cases
- Following health department guidance regarding isolation and quarantine
- Continuing with cleaning and disinfection practices in schools and on buses, focusing on high-touch areas
GCPS will continue to review guidance from local and state health partners, the CDC, and the
Georgia Department of Education, using this guidance to inform decision-making about
additional or updated mitigation strategies that might be needed for the 2021–22 school year.Click here for COVID-19 Quick Tips Regarding Symptoms, Steps for Isolation and Quarantine
Should you scholar need to quarantine, please contact the front office for next steps.
We thank you for your continued support as we work together for the health and safety of all.
Please visit the GCPS website for additional details regarding the mask mandate.
Annistown Elementary will become a world-class school where students will acquire the necessary foundational academic and social skills to become confident, motivated, lifelong learners.
The mission of Annistown Elementary is to create a thriving school community where students, teachers, and parents pursue academic excellence through active involvement in the learning process, resulting in continuous measured growth.
Our Core Beliefs
- All students can reach their learning potential.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students are entitled to a positive, safe and secure school environment.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- The commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, motivated, lifelong learners.