Glenview Library Letter
January 14, 2016
- 3rd Nine Weeks Library Lesson Menu: Check out the new Library Lesson Menu for the 3rd Nine Weeks (sent in an email 1/4/16)! Please sign up for a time in January for the lesson marked (*) for your grade level, and sign up for any optional lessons that you are interested in. I'd like to see each class at least once a month (or more!) for January, February, and March.
- ALA Youth Media Awards: Click here http://www.ala.org/alsc/2016-alsc-book-media-award-winners for a list of the books that won awards just this past Monday! Click here for reviews: http://www.slj.com/2016/01/books-media/slj-reviews-of-2016-youth-media-award-winning-and-honor-books-2/
- Library Books: We have quite a few students who have not yet checked out a book in 2016. We've been closed in the mornings for testing this week, but we are open all afternoon (from 12:30 on). Please make sure all students have a chance to check out some books either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon so they have something good to read over the weekend! Thanks!
iPad Carts and Laptop Carts
Nashville Public Library / Limitless Libraries Food for Fines
Nashville Public Library is holding its annual Food for Fines program, where you can donate food to waive your public library fines. This year you can bring all of your donations to school instead of a branch and you can get fines waived for lost and damaged items, too!
Here’s how it works:
· Food for Fines runs from Jan. 9-Jan. 17.
· Check your public library and your Limitless Libraries accounts to see if you have any fines.
· $1.00 will be waived from your account for every non-perishable food item that you bring in.
Library Website and Schedule
- Go to the library's website.
- Click on Calendar and Schedules.
- If you click on the small "+Google Calendar" icon on the bottom right of any calendar, it will take you to an easy to read full page version.