AGM Meeting Minutes
From May 5th, 2014
Please take the time to review the minutes below before our AGM Meeting tomorrow evening. Reading through these will allow us to move through our agenda in a timely manner.
Minutes – General Meeting May 5, 2014
In attendance: Kim Wilk, Tricia Hein, Nadine King, Nora Melnyk, Charlene Bissonnette, Lee-Anne Kumka, Terri Sundholm, Carole Zachkewich, Russell Melnyk, Greg Halinda, Heather Fossum, Sherri Meagher, Oksana Bodnarchuk, Verlayne Flett, Anastasia Gloekner, Nicole Tokarz, Pam Stoodley, Clarissa Vargo, Brenda Muir
Meeting called to order by Brenda Muir at 7pm.
Review of minutes from March 10, 2014 meeting. Only omission noted was Clarissa Vargo’s name on list of attendees. Nora Melnyk moved that minutes be adopted as read, Terri Sundholm seconded. Carried.
1. Spring concert on Saturday, May 10th at Keyano Recital Theatre. Admission by donation. Items left over from Multicultural event in Feb will be on display/for sale in lobby area outside of theatre. Theatre booked from 11am to 5pm. All dancers required to be present at 11:45 with rehearsal to start at 12 noon. Performance will start at 2pm sharp. Dancers to come with change of clothing as costumes will be returned immediately after performance. All members asked to bring a light lunch or snack item (peanut free, please) for after concert.
2. Malanka has been booked at Sawridge for Saturday, January 17, 2015. Mark your calendars.
3. Confirmed to group that Shane Gibson submitted his resignation to Brenda and will not be returning to instruct our group for 2014-15 dance year. Currently have a posting for instructor(s) and have already received one interesting inquiry regarding it. Executive will make this the foremost priority until a replacement is found.
4. Lots of discussion regarding possible fundraising activities for group to consider. Ideas included meat/sausage sales, perogy sales, bottle drives. Decision on what activities group will participate in was deferred until new dance year started. Everyone was advised that account is set up at new bottle depot under Avrora Ukrainian Dance group and everyone was invited to forward proceeds of their bottles to our cause.
5. All members were given Dance Survey and were invited to share their ideas and any relevant feedback to help make next year more successful.
6. Membership was reminded that we are due for a casino in Quarter 1 of 2015 – no date provided to us as of meeting date.
7. No other business was brought forward – Motion to adjourn meeting forwarded by Kim Wilk, seconded by Nora Melnyk. Meeting adjourned at 7:55pm.