Valle Verde Elementary
Going the Distance until May 29th
Valle Verde Drop Off/Pick Up Schedule
Hello Valle Verde Families,
Between Tuesday, May 26 and Thursday, May 28, we will be collecting textbooks, library books, and musical instruments. We have scheduled days for pick up and drop off of materials based on student last names.
Return library books to the boxes outside of the library.
Return all textbooks to the office, if your child took them home during the Distance Learning Program.
Magic Jaquez, instrumental music teacher, will be in room E-2 to receive all instruments that need to be returned.
Student items will be ready for pick up outside of your child’s classroom on the scheduled day. (Please see schedule below)
Our Distance Learning Program will continue through May 29th for all classes, so Chromebooks will be collected on Friday, May 29, 2020 at the front office. A table will be set up in front of the door for collection and office staff will check in your device. In order for this process to work, everyone must abide by the Contra Costa County guidelines. We also have a student body of 470, so we need people to arrive promptly and during their designated time. This is organized alphabetically, so the majority of families with multiple children can have just one drop off/pick up time. Chromebooks will need to be returned on the last day of the program to accommodate instruction for our students through May 29th.
Return: Textbooks, library materials, classroom library books, Instruments
· Stay home if you are sick.
· Wear a face covering.
· A minimal amount of people should attend. We would prefer one person walking onto campus to drop off the materials.
· This IS NOT a social time. Students and parents/guardians may not gather, socialize, etc.
· Each person must maintain a 6 foot distance from other people who are not in your household the entire time.
· You must keep your own bag. You may not dispose of this at school.
· Cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve (not into your hands).
· There is hand sanitizer available at the front of the school.
· Walk or ride a bike/skateboard/scooter, or come by car.
· Vehicles may be parked along the white curb or parking lot
· Proceed on the path and drop off textbooks at the office and library books in the box located in front of the library and then proceed to the classes to pick up bags with student items. Exit on either side of the school. Use the pathway on both sides of the office to the front of the school.
Times assigned Alphabetically:
· Tuesday, May 26th @ 9:00am – 1:00pm ~ LAST NAME beginning with A-H
· Wednesday, May 27th @ 9:00am- 1:00pm~ LAST NAME beginning with I-P
· Thursday, May 28th @ 9:00am-1:00pm ~ LAST NAME beginning with Q-Z
· Friday, May 29th @ 9:00am-1:00pm ~ Return of Chromebooks
If you have any questions please contact me at email@example.com
3rd Trimester Report Cards
"Seniors Walk the Halls" Social Distancing Parade
As part of our tradition at Valle Verde Elementary, we celebrate seniors from Northgate as they prepare for graduation. Students that began their academic career right at Valle Verde are cheered on, while wearing their caps and gowns. This year, Mrs. Reed was creative and she created a FlipGrid message to celebrate our graduating class from Northgate. We will also celebrate our graduating seniors with a Social Distancing Parade, this Wednesday, May 20th at 2:00pm. The parade will follow the same route that was sent by PTA for the staff parade, including using Banyan as the overflow to limit the traffic onto Oak Grove. Congratulations to the Northgate Class of 2020!
Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) Benefits
The State of California will be providing additional nutrition benefits to families who qualify for free/reduced meals—up to $365 (card) for each eligible child. The total amount you will receive will depend on how many eligible children are living in your home.
Who is eligible for Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) benefits?
Children are eligible for P-EBT benefits if: 1) Their school is closed due to coronavirus (COVID 19); and 2) They are eligible for free or reduced-price school meals.
How do I get P-EBT benefits?
Most families with children who receive CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply online. They will get their P-EBT card in the mail between May 7 - 22, 2020.
Families with children who are eligible for free or reduced-price meals and who do NOT get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits must apply online before June 30, 2020. Applications will be available here, starting on May 22, 2020: www.ca.p-ebt.org
Find out more information here.