News from Fourth Grade
May 9 - May 13
Happy Mother's Day to all of our wonderful 4th grade moms!
Thanks for Volunteering!
We met our read-a-thon goal!
Thank you to the PTO for the candy cake!
This week we will be continuing our second integrated reading unit that focuses on energy. We will be exploring literary nonfiction texts and learning how this genre of text can help us learn more about energy. Throughout this unit we will be examining why energy is an important part of our lives.
Remember students should be recording their 30 minutes of reading every night on their home reading log and turning it in every Friday!
This week we will continue to work on multiplying a fraction and a whole number using a picture, a number line, and repeated addition. We will then be moving into discussing decimals. Students will be working daily through a rotation of four stations (independent work, hands on activity, technology practice, teacher group).
Remember students should be completing their math practice problems during the course of the week on turning them in every Friday!
Weekly Home Expectations
- 30 minutes of reading a night recorded on Home Reading Log
- Weekly math practice (on the back of the Home Reading Log)
- Math facts practice (IXL, xtramath, fashcards, Prodigy, etc.)
IXL Lesson Suggestions:
- Fractions - Fourth Grade Q.6, Q.7, Q.11, Q.16, Q.19, Q.20, R.1, R.7, S.2, S.4
- Fact Practice - Fourth Grade B.1, C.1, D.1, E.1, F.1
- CRAZY HAIR DAY - Friday, May 13th
- Book Order due Friday, May 13th
- Feed My Starving Children Field Trip - Tuesday, May 17th
- Returning Student Registration for the 2016-2017 school year is now open!
- Please remember that students are no longer allowed to bring in birthday treats. However, they may bring in a non-food item to share with their classmates on their birthday. There are 20 students in our classroom.