Mrs. Lamparter's Class
January 16, 2015
We had SO much fun on our 100th Day of School! We counted to 100 in many different ways. Some of our favorite centers were: Chewing gum 100 times, walking 100 steps, rolling a dice to 100, making a 100's day hat, counting by 10's to 100, standing still for 100 seconds...
There will be no school next Monday, January 19th in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Building our sight word vocabulary- new words this week:girl, boy, here, as, so
- Retelling familiar stories and identifying characters, setting, and major events in a story
- Blending letters to make CVC words
- Changing the initial consonant to make new words
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text
- Learning to write How-To Stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
Our class was the Kindergarten Mega Minute Winners for the 2nd Nine Weeks!!! We read 23,612 minutes. Congratulations to all my students that were recognized at our celebration!! I am so PROUD of you! 17 students in our class read and recorded their minutes online. YOU ROCK!!
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 900+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 1260 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1350+ minutes
Bronco: 1890+ minutes
- Counting objects one to one and telling how many
- Comparing if a group has greater than, less than, or equal to another group
- Comparing two written numerals
- Decomposing and composing numbers from 11-19
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Recognizing coins; penny, nickel, dime, and quarter and knowing their values
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
Craig Character Award
- No school on Monday, January 19th in honor of MLK Day.
- Zaxby's Night will be Tuesday, January 20th.
- Scholastic Book orders are DUE January 30th. You can order online with our class code GQY3T or you can send in a paper order.
- Elementary School Movie Night at Brookwood High school is Friday, January 30th at 6:30 p.m. "Frozen" is the feature movie. Please see the attached flyer.
- Mark your calendars for the Sweetheart Luncheon for our class on Monday, February 9th from 10:45- 11:10 a.m. Look for an invitation soon.
- AKS Club Brochures came home in the Friday folder. Classes fill on a 1st come 1st serve basis.