CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, August 30th
Just wanted you to know...
I was included in an email sent to one of our sixth-grade teachers yesterday. It was from a parent of a student who is now in seventh-grade at Central Middle School.
Subject Line: SO MANY THANKS
Just wanted to check in with you and let you know that _____ is killing it so far in middle school. No doubt due to the excellent preparation he received from CSA Lincoln. I was pretty nervous because ______ can be unmotivated at times and I believe this time last year he was on the struggle bus and I was emailing you for re-assurance. That being said, I am proud to report straight A’s thus far and a lot of effort put forth into doing homework and staying on top of things. He still crams everything in one folder, but it keeps him organized. He credits you for teaching him not to procrastinate on assignments, and for that, I cannot thank you enough! I knew I made the right choice for him switching him to CSA in the first grade and you guys do not get paid nearly enough for what you do for our kids! I hope your new 6th graders are treating you well! Have a great year!
It was a fantastic way to end the week and the first month of school. We have quite a few former students visit our building each day after school. It is a testament to the relationships built within these walls.
I also want you to continue and challenge your child to do their best every day. They don't have to be the best, but they can be their best self. Our teachers are going to push them to reach their potential. There will be moments of frustration as they tackle new content. You will see them struggle. That is okay. Through this process, they will realize how much more they are capable of achieving. Continue to pick them up when they fall and tell them to carry on. Love on them and remind them they are special.
Together, we are molding our children into incredible young men and women. We are connected in this pursuit of excellence.
Have a great weekend,
Important Upcoming Dates and Notes
Please mark these dates on your calendar!
- 9/2- Labor Day- No school
- Spell Bowl applications went home today and are due Friday, September 6th. Tryouts will be September 9th and practices will be Mondays from 2:45-3:45 PM. There will be some Wednesday practices leading up to the competition on Monday, November 18th.
- 9/6 A 'Grand' Reading Event 1:45-2:30 PM
- 9/6 Serve-a-Thon Kick-off (School Fundraiser-details coming next week)
- 9/20 Serve-a-Thon ends (School Fundraiser)
- Cheer Tryouts will be 9/10 and 9/12 after school until 4:30 p.m. Students interested in participating in tryouts must have a physical on file by 9/10. Contact Miss Moore if you have any questions.
- Basketball Tryouts will be the week of October 14th. Details regarding tryout times for both boys and girls is TBA. All students must have a physical on file to participate.
CSA Reading Challenge
Welcome to an exciting new Reading Challenge for CSA Lincoln students. In this challenge, we will travel the world, making stops at each continent. At each stop, students can choose books they are interested in while exploring various genres for grades 3-6 and the author’s last name or title for K-2. There will be weekly drawings for participants and prizes for continental completions.
Husky Gram Winners
Got an Idea?
If you have ideas, comments, or questions OR you want to join the PTO email list to receive info and opportunities in your inbox you can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you signed up yet?
Make sure you have registered your Kroger card community rewards to Lincoln and download the new Box Tops app to start collecting your Box Tops digitally. Find more info about these ongoing fundraising programs here!
PTO Meeting - Sept. 19th 6:00-7:00 pm
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley