Cardinal Connections Parent Copy
September 7, 2021
Welcome Back CVE Families!
Hello CVE Families!
I hope you found time to relax and enjoy your time with your family and loved ones. We are excited to start another year with you and welcome our new families to our building.
I am extremely excited about starting this new year with our wonderful families and outstanding staff members.
As we all know, last year was the year of many challenges and changes that we had to endure as a school. I believe that with ALL 'challenges' and ALL 'changes' comes growth, and there is no learning gained without them. We went from remote to hybrid, back to remote, and then in-person full time. We uncovered the benefits of technology, and because of that, we had to do some out-of-the-box thinking to ensure that our students were learning. That's where growth happened. Walking into this new year, I am over the moon, anticipating what we will accomplish with our students. This year we will focus on many different goals, and we ask that you continue to support your students' growth. We have worked so closely together with our parent community, and we are thankful for you granting us the privilege of working with your student.
As you read through this Cardinal Connections, you will find important information for the start of the year. I will cover the following:
- Who we are as a Clinton Valley family
- New Faces at Clinton Valley
- Important Dates for 2021-22
- Sneak Peek/Curriculum Night
- Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- School Breakfast and Lunch for 2021-22
- COVID Guidelines
- Our new PBIS Rewards Program Platform
- Cardinal Crawl
- School Age Childcare (SACC)
- 1:1 Technology
- PTO Information - Fundraiser Event
- PTO Meeting/Ice Cream Social
Who we are.....
Mission Statement: "Clinton Valley is a welcoming community where students, families, and staff take an active role in helping all succeed with high expectations in a positive and safe environment."
Let's Welcome our new CVE Staff Members
Karen Saraceno Our New Secretary!
Olivia Perucca Our New Art Teacher!
Nicole McDermott Our New 4/5 Blend Teacher!
Meghan Radoicic Our New 3rd Grade Teacher!
Megan Laichalk Our New Science Teacher
Kim Valentin Our New Resource Room Teacher
Important Dates - 2021-22 - Click on Image to access a printable version
Thank you all for coming to our Sneak Peek 2021-22
Remember, if you had a 5th grader last year, please arrange for a pickup with Algonquin.
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures - Please click on the colorful image to access a printable version
Looking for Transportation Information
All school breakfasts and lunches will be free of charge for all students this school year.
Reminder: Breakfast starts on September 13th.
Masks will be optional this fall. The wearing of masks will be determined by each family and individual. The Macomb County Health Department (MCHD) recommends that individuals, regardless of vaccination status, consider wearing a face-covering while indoors, especially in crowded settings. CVS strongly recommends that students wear a mask in school.
Not required. Based on Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and CDC guidelines, individuals that are fully vaccinated and remain asymptomatic will not have to quarantine if they are determined to be a close contact. The MDHHS, the MCHD, and the CDC recommend that all eligible individuals get vaccinated against COVID-19.
Visitors at School:
Visitors will be limited at school. Only essential visitors will be allowed.
Visitors, Late Arrivals, Early Dismissals & Dropping Off of Materials
- Visitors will be limited at school. Only essential visitors will be allowed.
- PTO will be allowed in the building to do "PTO work."
- If a student arrives to school late, parents will bring their student to the front door, ring the buzzer, state the students' name(s), and the student(s) will be buzzed into the school. The parent will enter the vestibule and sign the student in and leave back out.
- We will have bins outside the main entrance. If you need to drop off a lunch or other items to your child, please label it with the child's name and teacher. The bins will be checked twice an hour, and items will be delivered to the student.
Lunchroom and Classroom Information
- Students will have assigned seats in the lunchroom and classrooms.
- Students will be spaced out as far apart as possible.
PBIS Rewards Platform
We have a new PBIS Rewards Platform this year we will use across the building. We will use this Platform in many different ways. Below are the different ways:
- Communication between Families and Teachers
- Communication between Families and the Principal
- Student behaviors in the classrooms
- Rewarding Cardinal Cash points to our students
- Check-in/Check-out with selected students
- Allowing student purchases from the Cardinal Cafe
During Sneak Peek, teachers requested you to signup so that you can start getting messages. All parents who have already signed up will receive this Cardinal Connections through PBIS Rewards (still testing it out). Below you will find the video that teachers had you view during Sneak Peek. Please take a look and get familiar with this new awesome tool.
School Age Child Care (SACC)
SACC Hours: AM - 7:00 - 9:00am
PM - 3:44 - 6:00pm
Entrance/Exit Door: #19
In-person learning for students
Last year students had the option of attending school in person or live-streaming their classes at home. With vaccination rates increasing, all students will now be required to attend school in person unless they are currently enrolled in the Chippewa Valley Virtual Academy (CVVA). Only students required to quarantine due to COVID-19 illness or exposure will be allowed to live-stream their classes. All other students must attend in person unless they are sick or have an excused absence.
1:1 technology for all students
Throughout the pandemic, technology played an integral role in student learning. This school year CVS is excited to offer all K-12 students their own laptop device. Grade-specific expectations will be provided as we get closer to the beginning of the school year. Our Technology Department has developed a new tech newsletter for parents and will provide parents with technology nights so families can become familiar with this new initiative.
Hello Families! Spirit wear is back again with new designs and more affordable pricing! Be sure to order your Clinton Valley Spirit Wear and show your students the pride you have in their school! There is currently a sale going on (30% off normal pricing!!), so be sure to order before September 15th. The store will be open year-round so feel free to order at any time! ! We can't wait to see you around at our school events sporting your Clinton Valley gear!!