Missoula 3rd Ward Relief Society
June 2013 Bulletin
UNDER CONSTRUCTION- PLEASE VISIT THIS PAGE AGAIN SOON!!!
- As Sisters in Zion "BondFire" Friday, May 17th -7:30 pm @ Tiffany Gardanier's house ( 8541 Wentland Court) Bring lawn chair & favorite dish to share. Beverage provided. Please also bring spare canned goods to donate to food bank. Optional: bring guitar or musical instrument for sing-a-long.
- Volleyball Tuesdays, 8:30 – 9:30 pm @ Stake Center (3201 Bancroft) Join sisters from all local wards. All are welcome, whether you're a pro, have never played a game of volleyball in your life or just want to socialize.
- Ward Cannery Night 3rd Thursday each month (May 16th), 6 pm @ Bishop’s Storehouse (6200 Industrial Road)
- Olivia Sears is raising funds to cover travel & living expenses during her daughter’s lengthy kidney transplant recovery. Donations can be made online: http://bit.ly/Ts12iI or call Olivia 406-207-8223.
- Want to receive important RS updates in your inbox? Send us your email address! Don’t worry, it's a private list. No one else will see your address. firstname.lastname@example.org
We're so glad YOU were born!
May 3: Cassandra McKnight
May 3: Kindra McQuillan
May 3: Wanda Moffett
May 7: Lynn Job
May 7: Teresa Lafazia
May 11: Camille Dahl
May 11: Kari Leishman
May 14: Kathy Stevenson
May 15: Deborah Costa
May 21: Ida Grobe
May 24: Emily Juarez
May 24: Stefanie Baldwin
May 26: Penny Snyder
May 27: Beverly Robertson
May 28: Bonnie Messer
May 31: Bonnie Franks
Preparedness Item of the Week
Week of May 5: Toilet Paper
Week of May 12: Dish Soap
Week of May 19: Light Bulbs
Week of May 26: Candles
Every month we will post a list of items to add to our 3-month supply. The idea is that each sister will determine how much she has to spend on food storage & preparedness items for a given week & buy as much of that week’s item as her budget will accommodate.
Visiting Teaching Message
Responsibilities of Visiting Teachers:
“Visiting teaching gives women the opportunity to watch over, strengthen, and teach one another. Visiting teachers sincerely come to know and love each sister, help her strengthen her faith, and give service.”
“The Relief Society president can’t put her hand on every single sister in the ward, but a visiting teacher can.”
“Jesus Christ was the perfect example of ministering. Visiting teachers follow His example as they increase faith, strengthen families, and provide relief.”
“I know that we’re being successful in our visiting teaching when the sisters in my ward can say: My visiting teacher helps me grow spiritually. I know my visiting teacher cares deeply about me and my family and I know if I have a problem my visiting teacher will help me.”
Quotes excerpted from Leadership Training Library video
Watch 3 minute video online: http://bit.ly/135Thq6
For more information visit: www.reliefsociety.lds.org
Online Inspirational Finds
April 2013 General Conference Printables
"I'm a Mormon" - a wonderful collection of videos depicting our brothers & sisters around the globe. Their stories are touching, humorous, interesting and relevant. http://mormon.org/people
Access LDS apps, ebooks, Gospel Principles podcasts, a new interactive music player & more! http://www.lds.org/media-library?lang=eng
The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints (on South Ave)
President: Tiffany Gardanier, 396-6560
1st Counselor: Patty Nord, 549-2693
2nd Counselor: Kathirynne Jensen, 728-0386
Secretary: Carolyn Scott, 546-9969