Week #7 September 25-29, 2017
What's Happening Week #7
Monday 25th: (Award Names were due Friday, 22nd! Send names and paragraph to Shelley asap!)
- Long, 1/2 Daniels, Whipple to Ronald Reagan Library Reagan Library Virtual Tour
- Susan to AT meeting 1:15
- Vision Screening
- PBIS Committee Meeting 2:30, room 13
- Cornell, 1/2 Daniels, Denton to Ronald Reagan Library
- Choir 4/5 after school 2:20-3:15pm, Room 13
- "Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study (pages 3-32) Library 3pm (Still available to join)
- Sunshine Committee Hosted Lunch (in Staff Lounge)
- EdTech Training 2:30
Friday 29th: Staff Shirt Day & Weekly Attendance Winners!!
- Vision Screening
- September Awards-Library
K 8:30, 11:30
PBIS RockSTAR Focus
Due to our PBIS data, we are seeing defiance in the classroom, particularly after lunches.
Spend 2-5 minutes revisiting classroom expectations after lunches everyday.
Show GONOODLE videos to help students focus
Monday/Wednesday: Manage Frustration
Tuesday/Thursday: Own Your Power
Friday: Release Your Warrior
Please complete survey on FRIDAY: PBIS FEEDBACK WEEK #7
Mark Your Calendars!
- 10/2 3rd Grade to Windwolves
- 10/3 Staff Meeting 2:45 Library
- 10/4 "Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study 3-4pm Library
- 10/10 Leadership Meeting 2:30, District Board Meeting 6:30pm
- 10/11 "Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study 3-4pm Library
- 10/12 Lifetouch Picture Make-Ups
- 10/16-20 Red Ribbon Week & Grade Level PLC Week
- 10/21 KernCUE Techfest 8-3:30pm @ Castle Elementary
- 10/23-10/27 Parent Conference Week (Minimum Days)
- 10/31 Book Character Dress-Up Day (Halloween)
P.O.P. Power of Positive
Love that our staff rocked the Pirate Day fun! We are making school so exciting that the students (and staff) don't want to miss even a single day!
Our "Teach Like a Pirate" Book Study kicked off with a great discussion and sharing of strategies. We are looking forward to digging in and collaborating to make great decisions for student learning! We still have room for anyone who wants to join!
Thanks to our teams for stepping up when we have been short on subs. I appreciate Ashley and Tammy B. for helping split a 5th grade class last week! It takes a team to make LIFE happen at school!
PLCs have been efficient and productive be creating and discussing specific, skill-based, data decisions for designing lessons and interventions for ALL students. We are holding rigor high for students and scaffolding their learning. Deployed Skill Group Interventions start next week.
Congrats to Leanna Alsup for being selected as the new Director of MOT!
Let's rock this week!!