The Colt Classified
May 28, 2019
Congratulations to our Graduates!
- Cristian Barinaga will attend Strake Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Kathryn "Kate" Bauman will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Erin Buckle will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Blake Burkhart will attend Strake Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Izabelle Cantu will attend Energy Institute High School.
- Melanie Cavazos will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Dane Jackson will attend Westbury Christian School.
- Edwin King will attend Ridge Point High School.
- Joseph Lewis will attend Strake Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Zoe Meuser will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Joshua Onuoha will attend Harmony Science Academy.
- Emmanuel "Emman" Perez will attend Bellaire High School.
- Jaide Prejean will attend St. Agnes Academy.
- Alexis Roca will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Paola Rodriguez will attend Cristo Rey Jesuit College Preparatory.
- Edward James Tejeda will attend Stratford High School.
- Isabel Vasquez will attend Incarnate Word Academy.
- Aric Weeks will attend Bellaire High School.
- Maren Werner will attend Carnegie Vanguard High School.
Celebrations of Success
- Ms. Bender, 10:30
- Ms. Perez, 10:35
- Mrs. Ramirez, 10:45
- Mrs. Estrada, 10:55
- Ms. Flusche, 11:05
- Mrs. McMorran, 11:10
- Mrs. Gomez, 11:15
- Ms. Tavarez, 11:20
- Mrs. Delac, 11:30
- Mrs. Kennedy, 11:40
As a reminder, school dismisses at noon on Friday for the summer break.
Lost and Found
Have You Updated Your Stewardship Hours?
Volunteers are imperative to the success of every fundraiser; therefore, each family is asked to contribute a minimum of 15 hours of their time, talents, or treasures. Parents have the option of paying a fee of $20 per hour in lieu of time served. All volunteer hours should be recorded on RenWeb.
Please record your hours by this Friday. FACTS Incidental Accounts will be assessed for hours not recorded.
Thank you for your support!
The Fund for Corpus Christi Catholic School
A big THANK YOU to each of you who have made a gift to The Fund for Corpus Christi Catholic School during the 2018-2019 school year. We truly appreciate your support in every way!
YOU can still make a difference! There is still time - the fiscal year for the 2018-2019 school year ends June 30, 2019. Help CCCS reach our goal of 100% participation from each school family. Your gift supports the mission of Corpus Christi Catholic School, directly benefitting each CCCS scholar. Did you know that when applying for grants, school participation in fundraising is a consideration?
Your donation is directly applied to:
- help to close the gap between tuition and the actual cost to educate a student
- ongoing maintenance and improvement of buildings and campus
- important initiatives, such as the STREAM LAB, aligning with the CCCS Strategic Plan that supports the education of our students
Give today! Click here to make an online donation https://www.corpuschristihouston.org/the-fund-for-corpus-christi-catholic-school.
Donation cards are available in the school office. Checks can be made out to CCCS, note: The Fund. Contact Susan Miller firstname.lastname@example.org, 713-664-3351 ext 222 for additional information.
We value you as a partner in our mission to develop the mind, heart and spirit of each unique child at our school and thanks to you, we are a small school…making a BIG DIFFERENCE.
2019-2020 School Calendar
Mark your calendars for the following beginning of the year events:
4th Back to School Social and Used Uniform Sale 1:00-4:00 p.m., gym
9th “Meet the Teacher” 2:00-3:00 p.m., Classrooms
14th First Day of School; New Parent Orientation, 8:30 a.m., Library
15th Back to School Parent Information Night, 6:00 p.m.
2019-2020 School Supplies
Thank You PSO!
Summer Math is Fun!
Newlywed, Mrs. Estrada and her husband are expecting their first child this fall. The new parents have decided to move back home to Nebraska to raise their baby around family. We wish them all the best!
Ms. Flusche, current 2nd grade teacher, will teach 4th and 5th grade Math/Science/Religion. She has over 18 years experience of teaching middle school Science, including curriculum development.
Ms. Tavarez, current 4th/5th Math/Science teacher, will teach 4th and 5th Language Arts and Social Studies. Ms. Tavarez has over 18 years of teaching experience and holds a Bachelor of Science in education with minors in both Language Arts and History.
Mrs. Gomez, current 4th/5th Language Arts and Social Studies teacher, will teach 2nd grade. She has over 13 years of teaching experience, with 5 of those years in the primary grades, which is her passion.
We are looking forward to the 2019-2020 school year!
Registration Referral Incentive
Thank you to all who have referred new families to Corpus Christi Catholic School! Applications for new students are still being accepted for the 2019-2020 school year. Help us to spread the word!
Thanks to generous donors, Gilbert and DeeDee Garcia, any current Corpus Christi Catholic School family, alum or parishioner is eligible to receive a referral fee of $500 for referring a new family to Corpus Christi Catholic School who enrolls at least one child during the 2019-2020 school year!
* The referred family and their child must meet all admissions requirements for Corpus Christi Catholic School.
* The referral fee of $500 will be disbursed on December 1, 2019 considering that the new family is still enrolled in CCCS.
* Disbursements will be made by either applying to current family’s tuition or check payable to referring family.
* The referral fee applies on a new per family basis; not new, per student basis (one referral fee of $500 if family registers four children or one child).
- For the repose of the soul of Mrs. Patricia Sanchez, grandmother of Ronan (7th)
- For God's healing and speedy recovery of Mr. Dennis Woods, father of Lily (6th)
- For God's continued healing of Cardinal DiNardo
- For God's healing of Ms. Liz Fretz, mother of Zoe Meuser (8th)
- For God's healing of Mr. Raynaldo Estrada, father of Mrs. Ponce
- For God's healing of Mr. Roman Mejia, father of Mrs. Gomez
- For God's healing of Ms. Donna-Maria Lange, sister of Susan Miller
- For God's healing of Mr. Luis Gomez, uncle of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Jerry LaBarrie, grandfather of Gabriella LaBarrie (1st grade)
- For God's healing of Mr. Vince Freeman, stepfather of Ms. Fucheck(MS ELA)
- For God's healing of Mr. Frank Perez, Ms. Perez's (PreK4) grandfather
- For God's healing of Mr. Pete Perez, grandfather of Emman Perez (8th)
- For God's healing of Ms. Eva Rodriguez, cousin of Mrs. Ponce
- For God's healing of Bernadette Hornbeck, aunt of John Paul (7th), Gabby (4th), Alex (3K)
- For God's healing of newborn Zaki Saud Niazi, cousin of Angelina (7th) and Nicolas (4th)