Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Gove's Class
Friday, March 18
Prodigy Math Game
This week I introduced the kids to an awesome online math game called Prodigy. The best part about the game is that while it is fun for kids, I can track their progress and even assign certain topics. Also, the game will adjust the questions according to the level of each student. I would encourage you to let your child play this game at home.
- Go to prodigygame.com/play
- Use our class code: PM6NK8 (most of the kids already have a username and password so they won't need to do this.
State MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) Testing is fast approaching. We will be testing on Wednesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 20. Please make sure your child is present those days if at all possible. Also, it is important for kids to be here over the next few weeks while we are preparing. Our class will be taking the MAP test on Chromebooks so we are doing lots of practice on them. Thank you!
Ordering a yearbook gives your child a chance to look back at the year with fond memories. They will enjoy it for years to come. There are only a few weeks left before the deadline so this may be your last chance to get one. The yearbook has more pages and pictures this year, so be sure to put your order in now! To order go to www.ybpay.com and follow the directions. It will ask you which school you want to order from, and then take you to the correct school site. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our attendance this week was 93.5%. Our weekly goal is 95.8%.
Next Week at a Glance...
- Writing: We are working on writing stories about our school where we stretch the truth a bit.
- Foundations & Reading- We are working on close reading to review several reading skills.
- Math- We will be learning about mixed numbers and improper fractions.
- Content-We will be converting measurements, as well as learning to use a protractor to draw angles.