A Design Process
What is the Bristle Bot?
The Bristle Bot is a tiny little robot that uses vibrations to move. The Bristle Bot has no steering or control, but when moving in a certain pattern, it tends to stay the same. The Bristle Bot is only a motor taped on to the top of the tip of a toothbrush. This robot is a favorite robot for kids to make because it is amusing to look at and easy to build.
- Tip of a tooth brush
- Little motor from Radio Shack(not too much power)
- Watch battery
- Plastic bag
- Hot glue
Now that you have gathered your materials, you can now build it.
- Cut the tip of the toothbrush off with your scissors.
- Put the small motor on the top of the toothbrush with the hot glue.
- Connect the motors wires to the small battery from the watch.
- Tape the battery to the toothbrush and let it go.
- Trim the end of the brush if it is not vibrating enough. *WARNING* The Bristle Bot will not stop moving until wires are unplugged.
Like any robot, there is a process on how we can build the Bristle Bot.
- research the problem or challenge
- discussing the concept and design
- building and developing the product
- documenting how the design works and checking for flaws
- testing and eating performance feedback
- reproduction and finalization of product
- then review and analyze that you followed the steps correctly
Pretty fast bristlebot